What is all the fuss about Covid?

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: What is all the fuss about Covid?

Post by sateeb »

Covid: Bolton vaccination chief suffers online 'venom' for jabs tweet

The doctor leading Bolton's vaccine roll-out has been subjected to online abuse after posting a picture of herself being jabbed.

Dr Helen Wall said she received "accusatory, aggressive and unnecessary venom" after tweeting the image.

She said she was not upset at the "unwarranted abuse" from anti-vaccination Twitter users.

Dr Wall, who gave Bolton's first Covid injection, also thanked people who had sent her team messages of support.

The clinical director of commissioning at Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group's original post, which showed her being jabbed, said: "I'm fully vaccinated as are my loved ones because I know it is the single most important thing I can do to avoid ICU or death from Covid."

Tweeting after the abuse, she said: "I stated a fact. That I'd had three Covid vaccines and so had my loved ones.

"I shared a photo of my vaccination that had been sitting unshared on my phone for weeks.

"I'm absolutely blown away by the amount of accusatory, aggressive and unnecessary venom that came my way. Wow. Just wow."

BBC

Knuckledraggers of the world unite sitting in your Mommy's basement :tosser:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:18 pm
nil wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:11 pm It’s laughable how you lot are trying to dismiss this as nothing to see by quoting some disclaimer from the CDC.
Firstly, it's not just, "some disclaimer," it's a statement by the people who are responsible for VAERS and who know exactly how it works, that VAERS simpy contains reports of adverse events that have happened and includes no evidence of causal links to a vaccine.

In trying to claim the VAERS data proves a link between vaccines and adverse events, I'm afraid you are committing the classic logical fallacy known as, "Post hoc ergo propter hoc."

This is the fallacy of believing that just because one thing happens after another thing, it must therefore have been caused by the first thing.

Secondly, there has never been as much public awareness and media coverage of an ongoing vaccination campaign as there has been with CoVid-19 vaccines and as the VAERS site points out:
Numbers of reports may increase in response to media attention and increased public awareness.
Explain this then. Investigative reporter Alex Berenson has been given confidential hospital data about the number of vaccine injury's.

"At many hospitals, the number of patients reported to have post-vaccine injuries rose fivefold or more after Covid vaccines were introduced in December 2020, medical records databases show.

For example, one database including 100 institutions included more than 8900 reports in 2021, compared to fewer than 2000 in 2019 and 2020. A different system reported an increase from 162 in 2019 to more than 1100 in 2021.

Several people with access to different databases provided the figures, on the condition that they remain anonymous, as the databases are proprietary and confidential. All the databases showed a similar increase, ranging from four-fold to more than 10-fold.

The rise parallels the massive increase in vaccine injuries and deaths reported to VAERS - the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System - in 2021. Over 740,000 VAERS reports were submitted last year, compared to 50,000 in 2020. Of the 2021 reports, 700,000 were Covid related.

Vaccine advocates insist that VAERS reports are unreliable and do not prove causation because anyone can submit a VAERS report. The figures in these databases cannot be similarly dismissed. Access to them is strictly limited - and represents the clinical judgment of the physicians treating patients."

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/int ... a/comments
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Wow, someone quoting Berenson in seriousness. The David Icke of Covid.

You're really scraping the barrel nosw.
Talk is cheap
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Ha ha. You mean the fiction writer Alex Berenson. The pandemics wrongest man and friend of fellow nutjob Tucker Carlson.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... an/618475/

Anonymous sources are not credible or verifiable you muppet!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Nil, I admire your sense of humour which I'm sure you intended by quoting Alex Berenson.

What? You were serious? No way!!
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

I don’t think you guys have noticed the whole Covid narrative is currently collapsing and the lies are being exposed. The “outliers” are being proven correct and even the legacy media has started to abandon ship. You seem to be in a bubble of ignorance.
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Professor Ehud Qimron, one of Israel's top immunologists, wrote an open letter to the Israeli Ministry of Health. The wheels are starting to come off the bus.

In the end, the truth will always be revealed, and the truth about the coronavirus policy is beginning to be revealed. When the destructive concepts collapse one by one, there is nothing left but to tell the experts who led the management of the pandemic – we told you so.

https://swprs.org/professor-ehud-qimron ... t-failure/
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well you've quoted one immunologist which is different to a virologist and both different to an epidemiologist.

Shall I quote you the hundreds, nay, thousands of epidemiologists who disagree. All three have a role to play.
Immunologists, for one, deal with immune systems. “We study how the immune system operates in normal health and how it contributes to disease
Virologists, meanwhile, study the viruses themselves—their structure, how they replicate, what diseases they cause, how to classify them, and so on.
Epidemiologists, on the other hand, focus more on what’s going on outside the body. In the CDC’s words, “Epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of health-related states or events in specified populations, and the application of this study to the control of health problems.” Basically, epidemiologists track the spread of a disease, which includes investigating how it gets transmitted, identifying which demographics it affects, and advising people on what safety measures to take to keep from catching it (among other things). In other words, epidemiologists study epidemics.
And of course, in Thailand measures against the pandemic is advised by an engineer!!!

Shall I go on? Nah! I'm out of here.............
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

You couldn’t take a certain person with you, could you, please!!
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

nil,

Don't waste your time on these people. Two of your detractors know everything about everything, so they claim, so will never look into any alternative source of information.

The fact that they resort to childish insults means that you have won.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I guess some people are on a par with 'The Flat Earth Society'.

Their members will not have their beliefs changed either.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I was wondering a few months ago, when Ivermectin was all the rage with these people, that if I donned a white medical coat with a load of fake medical certificates hung on the wall behind me and posted on Social Media that recent studies show that if you use Ivermectin as a suppository(nil by mouth :naughty: ) its efficacy is increased by 70%, how many would heed my advice? :laugh:

― George Carlin
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Felipesed1 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:27 am nil,

Don't waste your time on these people. Two of your detractors know everything about everything, so they claim, so will never look into any alternative source of information.

You’re right. They can’t counter any arguments with anything but insults. They will even deny the truth when it comes out.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

nil wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:56 am
Felipesed1 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:27 am nil,

You’re right. They can’t counter any arguments with anything but insults. They will even deny the truth when it comes out.
Every crackpot claim and links you post are discredited. The insults are a bonus :thumb:

― George Carlin
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

They can’t counter any arguments with anything but insults.
You obviously have a problem with reading. All your 'arguments' have been answered by opposing 'expert' opinions often based on factual evidence. The evidence is out there but you refuse to acknowledge it.

Insults? You bring on those yourself!