Flying to/from Thailand (Covid Era)

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Re: Flying to/from Thailand, latest updates

Post by pitsch »

I didn't have to buy anything for this Thai Pass, because since May 1st you don't need any tests or hotel.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ still need to buy insurance if you haven't got it.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
limbu

Hotel upon arrival

Post by limbu »

If I recall correctly, there was a requirement to stay at a hotel for a few days after arrival in Thailand. Is this still the case? Thank you.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Hotel upon arrival

Post by Dannie Boy »

limbu wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:23 am If I recall correctly, there was a requirement to stay at a hotel for a few days after arrival in Thailand. Is this still the case? Thank you.
If you read back to the previous page you’ll see that from 1st May it is no longer required.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Hotel upon arrival

Post by HHTel »

limbu wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:23 am If I recall correctly, there was a requirement to stay at a hotel for a few days after arrival in Thailand. Is this still the case? Thank you.
As you seem to be somewhat behind on the current situation:

For vaccinated people:
Proof of vaccination
Insurance $10,000 coverage.
(needed for Thailand Pass application)

There is no requirement for tests either pre-flight or on or after arrival in Thailand.

Extra requirement for unvaccinated:

A negative PCR test within 72 hours of flying.

OR

5 days quarantine after arrival.

NB: The Thailand Pass is expected to be cancelled from June 1st but no decision made yet. That will be at the CCSA meeting on the 20th.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well it seems like Anutin got his way after all. The Thailand Pass is cancelled only for Thai citizens from June 1st.
Foreigners still need to upload vaccination, insurance and passport. The CCSA claim to have streamlined the process.

Other than that, nightlife entertainment is permitted to open and serve alcohol until midnight in Green and Blue zones but not yellow zones.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/brea ... iland-pass
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I can already see the expected millions of tourists chomping at the bit to upload this bullpoo.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I personally know several in the UK who were just waiting for confirmation that the TP was cancelled so they could book their summer holiday.

There must be thousands who were ready to book providing that the TP was cancelled.

But our Engineer Health Minister stopped any of that.

Why on earth would anyone listen to a so-called Public Health Minister who has absolutely no medical qualifications whatsoever.

A guy who makes comments like:
90% of Thais are wearing face masks, although none of the farangs are wearing masks." He went on to add, "This is the reason our country is being infected [by the SARS-CoV-2 virus]. We should be more careful of the farang than other Asians. At the moment it is winter in Europe and farang come to Thailand to hide from the [Covid-19] disease. Many farang dress dirtily and don't shower. All [Thai] hosts have to be very careful."
That caused him to banned from Twitter.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The guy is an empty suit with no political future, although he thinks he'll be the next PM. :roll: Unless something very unexpected happens, it will be July 1 for all of it, including declaring the disease endemic.

Doesn't do much for foreign tourists who have a school off window from late June to mid August. Not really enough time to plan and book if waiting for July 1 assurance. Everyone's a loser, but especially the country as people can and will go to other more welcoming destinations.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

PeteC wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:12 pm The guy is an empty suit with no political future, although he thinks he'll be the next PM.
Unhappy times ahead for expats in Thailand if this f*ckstick is successful with that, he is a fascist to the core.

They won't rush lifting the insurance or mask requirements as someone up in that ivory tower is likely to be making money out of it.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

He is the epitome of the well known saying: "big man big prick, little man ALL prick"
..............................................................................................................
Govt mulls ending Thai Pass

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -thai-pass

The Ministry of Public Health has given a loose time frame for when it will decide upon dropping the Thailand Pass for foreigners.

To make its decision, the ministry needs more solid information about infected cases coming from foreign entry to reach a conclusion, Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul said on Friday at an event organised by Chulalongkorn Alumni Associations and their partners.

"It's possible that we will cancel the registration requirement of Thailand Pass for foreigners. We need one more month then we will have a clear answer," he said.

Mr Anutin, however, said the country is now relaxing many regulations used in its bid to manage Covid-19 infections due to the improving situation regarding daily infections.

The minister gave examples of the latest easing measure with the opening of pubs, bars and karaoke venues in provinces labelled blue and green zones to boost tourism next month.

He expressed confidence there would be solid cooperation from related business operators in following the ministry's health safety advice.

"We have seen the results of our control measures including having a high percentage of the population receive two doses of Covid-19 vaccines," he said. "That is the reason why we started to relax some regulations."

Mr Anutin praised the country's ability to provide people with access to medical treatment and medicines. He added that telemedicine is another important step the ministry is going to take to offer medical treatment to all Thai people.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

buksida wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:38 am
PeteC wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:12 pm The guy is an empty suit with no political future, although he thinks he'll be the next PM.
Unhappy times ahead for expats in Thailand if this f*ckstick is successful with that, he is a fascist to the core.

They won't rush lifting the insurance or mask requirements as someone up in that ivory tower is likely to be making money out of it.
Not sure about unhappy times for expats, I fly out to the UK mid August and if the current regs remain it's more of a hoop jumping exercise booking the Thai Pass. I've got insurance cover through my provider but even if I didn't by all accounts you can get a "cheap as chips" BS cover policy that's probably as useless as a chocolate fire guard.

This hurts the tourists and related industry far more than us ex pats, why holiday in Thailand with all the accompanying crapola when the likes of Singapore, Vietnam and Cambodia are easier to enter.

Agreed, Dumbatin and his cronies are hell bent on riding the gravy train until they realise they may make more money out of the proposed 300baht entry tax.

― George Carlin
buksida

Post by buksida »

sateeb wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:04 am Not sure about unhappy times for expats, I fly out to the UK mid August and if the current regs remain it's more of a hoop jumping exercise booking the Thai Pass. I've got insurance cover through my provider but even if I didn't by all accounts you can get a "cheap as chips" BS cover policy that's probably as useless as a chocolate fire guard.

This hurts the tourists and related industry far more than us ex pats, why holiday in Thailand with all the accompanying crapola when the likes of Singapore, Vietnam and Cambodia are easier to enter.

Agreed, Dumbatin and his cronies are hell bent on riding the gravy train until they realise they may make more money out of the proposed 300baht entry tax.
I was looking at the bigger picture if this numpty gets the PM seat considering his view of foreigners. Expect visa renewals to get a lot harder and a bigger state push to fleece those evil aliens.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

useless as a chocolate fire guard.
:) Not heard that expression before. Thanks, Sateeb.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote:
useless as a chocolate fire guard.
:) Not heard that expression before. Thanks, Sateeb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk