The Post-Covid Greedy & Powerful

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
PeteC

The Post-Covid Greedy & Powerful

Post by PeteC »

Let's try to keep a small log and story board of instances where the rich and powerful have swept in and taken advantage of those Thai businesses or individuals that are hanging on by a fingernail after the financial disaster of 2+ years of Covid.

I think we have one in progress now with the Saphan Pla Walking Street story on thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=40692 but I could be completely wrong. Just my suspicions.

Many wouldn't use my terminology of "Greedy & Powerful", but simply "good business acumen" or, "astute capitalists".

Whatever they are, or think they are, after the small guy being beat senseless during Covid I feel these Hi-So's need to show some social responsibility, and not just bulldoze and plunder the less fortunate into financial submission.

This thread may go nowhere, and there may be no available examples as time progresses. However, if you read, see, feel or smell something like the above happening please post about it. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The Post-Covid Greedy & Powerful

Post by sateeb »

Given today's news one might be excused for thinking that the cockwombles in charge still want to cash in on the Thailand Pass Insurance gravy train.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Re: The Post-Covid Greedy & Powerful

Post by centermid7 »

I'm not sure what the point would be really. It will all be speculation. It's not like whitey is going to be in the know as to the what and why of things.