Kin U Dee

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by Jack_Batty »

handdrummer wrote:I see that Ga Hanoi has opened a 2nd restaurant, across the road from Market Village with the same menu, prices, and "big Parking." It's called Kin U Dee.

I ate there last May, when they first opened. Beef pho and fried spring rolls. I thought the food was very good and authentic. Which reminds me, I need to get back there and try the other things!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Jack_Batty wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:32 am
I ate there last May, when they first opened. Beef pho and fried spring rolls. I thought the food was very good and authentic. Which reminds me, I need to get back there and try the other things!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Waiting for your report :cheers: :thumb:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

4 of us ate at Kin U Dee last night. Between the 4 we ordered nearly every Vietnamese dish on the menu. All of them were excellent and my wife said we need to come back once a month, and she's never said that about any restaurant in Hua Hin. (She's a died-in-the-wool Bangsnobian.) The whole dinner came to 1365 baht for 4 people. That's outrageously cheap, especially for quality food.
The restaurant is well appointed and with large windows all around, very open and spacious.
The service was excellent, a bit dour, but nothing to fuss about.
At the end of the meal, my daughter was looking at the bill and noticed that they had left off the tea she ordered and called over the waitress to inform her. The waitress took the bill to the owner and returned saying, never mind.
Little things go a long toward satisfying a customer.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:35 pm 4 of us ate at Kin U Dee last night. Between the 4 we ordered nearly every Vietnamese dish on the menu. All of them were excellent and my wife said we need to come back once a month, and she's never said that about any restaurant in Hua Hin. (She's a died-in-the-wool Bangsnobian.) The whole dinner came to 1365 baht for 4 people. That's outrageously cheap, especially for quality food.
The restaurant is well appointed and with large windows all around, very open and spacious.
At the end of the meal, my daughter was looking at the bill and noticed that they had left off the tea she ordered and called over the waitress to inform her. The waitress took the bill to the owner and returned saying, never mind.
So where is it?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Directly across the road from Market Village. You'll see a large, white, 2-story building with windows all around. Parking is down the driveway, along the left side of the building. To exit the parking, drive forward to the first opening on the left and turn around to go back to Petchkasem.
They have a website.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

So is this the restaurant with the same owner as Ga Hanoi?
YNWA
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Kin U Dee

Post by handdrummer »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:54 pm So is this the restaurant with the same owner as Ga Hanoi?
Same owner, same menu, same prices. Same, same.

The website tells all.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:35 pm 4 of us ate at Kin U Dee last night. Between the 4 we ordered nearly every Vietnamese dish on the menu. All of them were excellent and my wife said we need to come back once a month, and she's never said that about any restaurant in Hua Hin. (She's a died-in-the-wool Bangsnobian.) The whole dinner came to 1365 baht for 4 people. That's outrageously cheap, especially for quality food.
We went for lunch a few days ago. Like you said food, and prices, were fine but the service sucked. We were the third table and there were three waitresses. They seemed to be ignoring each table until someone said something then one would shuffle over unsmiling to see what is up. Our drinks came about 10 minutes after we ordered them (water and iced tea) and all the while the three were talking and playing with their phones. The wife, and I, agreed that despite the good food, and decent prices, there were plenty of other places to spend our baht. Both the wife and I don't demand instant service, and if busy certainly understand, but in this case it was obvious none of the three wanted to be there.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

migrant wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:37 pm
We went for lunch a few days ago. Like you said food, and prices, were fine but the service sucked. We were the third table and there were three waitresses. They seemed to be ignoring each table until someone said something then one would shuffle over unsmiling to see what is up. Our drinks came about 10 minutes after we ordered them (water and iced tea) and all the while the three were talking and playing with their phones. The wife, and I, agreed that despite the good food, and decent prices, there were plenty of other places to spend our baht. Both the wife and I don't demand instant service, and if busy certainly understand, but in this case it was obvious none of the three wanted to be there.
If that had been our experience we wouldn't return either.