2022 F1 News and Prediction League

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: 2022 F1 News and Prediction League

Post by pharvey »

Very difficult to see what to take from Free Practice today (other than Alonso being a masterclass in the wet) - low temperatures and significant rain. The same or similar forecast for qualifying later on, but Race Day is going to be warmer and dry.....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Very sad to see the obnoxious character that is Crashappen on Pole, but hell, the weather certainty made things interesting. Ferrari again with issues as do Red BS - let's see!!
Canada-f1.jpg
(189.26 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Interesting viewpoint. :roll:

Stop complaining and drive, says AlphaTauri boss

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 022-06-18/

MONTREAL, June 18 (Reuters) - As Formula One wrestles with 'porpoising' problems that have left some drivers battered and bruised, AlphaTauri boss Franz Tost suggested on Saturday that if conditions are too tough in the cockpit there is always a comfortable couch at home.

Driver health has been put in the spotlight at the Canadian Grand Prix with teams told to put safety before performance and address the problem of cars bouncing dramatically at high speeds.

Concern reached new levels last weekend at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix when seven-times world champion Lewis Hamilton struggled to get out of his Mercedes at the end of a punishing race.

Tost, whose drivers are Frenchman Pierre Gasly and Japan's Yuki Tsunoda, said he understood cars were difficult to drive but offered little sympathy.

"These are Formula One cars, this is not a Rolls Royce and drivers should be aware about this," said the Austrian, before the cars took to a rainy Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on Saturday for final practice and qualifying.

"If the cars are too stiff, it's too difficult for them (the drivers) maybe they should stay at home, in the living room sitting in a chair and they can do their races."

Porpoising has become the newest F1 flash point with the governing FIA wading in on Thursday with a technical directive of measures to reduce or eliminate the problem. It said it had done so in the interest of driver safety. read more

Tost and Alpine team principle Otmar Szafnauer argued that it was not really a safety issue.

"It was clear from the very beginning that these cars would not be easy to drive," said Tost. "This floor makes it necessary that cars are set up stiff, that the cars are quite close to surface.

"The cars aren't anymore as comfortable to drive as they were in the past.

"Now the drivers complain about it. I can understand it is not so easy for them, on the other hand this is a Formula One car not a Rolls Royce."

Tost recalled a time when drivers would come to him after a race saying they needed to see a dentist because the ride was so jarring.

The AlphaTauri boss suggested maybe a little more time in the gym and a bit less complaining might help.

"Drivers must do more training for their neck muscles - this helps for sure," added Tost. "And the FIA is coming now with this technical directive which of course will help to find out how big are the forces.

"How much this can be controlled we don't know yet."
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Oh well, Crashappen given a walk-in victory, the Scuderia not having a great day, but can't be said so for Mercedes - the report above I believe giving some insight as to why some teams would rather Mercedes not get back to their best.... Unfortunately also overlooking driver safety - Red BS and Crashappen already making comments. :roll:

Anywho, as to the race -

Congrats to Big Boy on the Yellow Cap :thumb: lindos - Dai_L may want a quiet word.......

Canada-HHF-F1.jpg
Canada-HHF-F1.jpg (60.46 KiB) Viewed 395 times
Attachments
F1-RES.jpg
(193.2 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Hamilton being a twunt again, he has called for older voices to be refused a platform to make offensive he states it is discrimination. The twunt has not realised it is discrimination againt older persons. Nobody should make discriminatory remarks like Picquet.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:33 pm Hamilton being a twunt again, he has called for older voices to be refused a platform to make offensive he states it is discrimination. The twunt has not realised it is discrimination againt older persons. Nobody should make discriminatory remarks like Picquet.
Love or loath him, LH can be a complete Muppet at times with the whole "Take the Knee" BS and his continued political mouthing off rather than sticking to driving, but let's be honest, in this instance who are the real twunts here....? Piquet and Ecclestone clearly take "Pole Position" in my book - their comments and behaviour are beyond (as have been on many occasions).

Sorry lindos, but have to disagree on this one...

Here's to a cracking British GP though!! :thumb:

lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:02 pm
lindosfan1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:33 pm Hamilton being a twunt again, he has called for older voices to be refused a platform to make offensive he states it is discrimination. The twunt has not realised it is discrimination againt older persons. Nobody should make discriminatory remarks like Picquet.
Love or loath him, LH can be a complete Muppet at times with the whole "Take the Knee" BS and his continued political mouthing off rather than sticking to driving, but let's be honest, in this instance who are the real twunts here....? Piquet and Ecclestone clearly take "Pole Position" in my book - their comments and behaviour are beyond (as have been on many occasions).

Sorry lindos, but have to disagree on this one...

Here's to a cracking British GP though!! :thumb:

Sorry did not write clearly, :oops: my point was no one should say that, just to say older persons is discriminating, although it was an older person in this case. He should have stated nobody should make comments like that. :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:31 pm Sorry did not write clearly, :oops: my point was no one should say that, just to say older persons is discriminating, although it was an older person in this case. He should have stated nobody should make comments like that. :cheers:
Yes, fair comment lindos - guessing LH is simply having a pop back at the youngster Ecclestone though, who deserves a jab or two quite frankly...... Poison Dwarf he is!

As for FP - Ferrari looking good, as are Mercedes. I'm hopeful Crashappen and Red BS will have a torrid weekend, but I'm not biased!! :thumb: :wink:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:03 pm
lindosfan1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:31 pm Sorry did not write clearly, :oops: my point was no one should say that, just to say older persons is discriminating, although it was an older person in this case. He should have stated nobody should make comments like that. :cheers:
Yes, fair comment lindos - guessing LH is simply having a pop back at the youngster Ecclestone though, who deserves a jab or two quite frankly...... Poison Dwarf he is!

As for FP - Ferrari looking good, as are Mercedes. I'm hopeful Crashappen and Red BS will have a torrid weekend, but I'm not biased!! :thumb: :wink:
Piquet suspended now, needs to be banned. Nothing being done about Ecclestone which isbad. Good luck for sunday's race. :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:26 am Piquet suspended now, needs to be banned. Nothing being done about Ecclestone which is bad.
Indeed - quite frankly there's no place for the language used whatever your feelings. Yes, I use Crashappen (and he does) and Lillywhites (and they are)..... But you know what I mean! :wink:

Ecclestone has always been an undertall, rich, large mouthed bully (in business at least). These guys always believe they can do and say what they want - LH mouths off, as does Crashappen, Homer and co., but to give them their dues, they don't don't quite spout the cr@p that Piquet and Ecclestone have recently (well, who knows regards to Crashappen, there is a daughter in the mix)! :roll:

I've been on the wrong end of racism during my life/travels, so do have some empathy, but let's be fair I remember Spanish supporters of Alonso at the Spanish GP several years back wearing monkey masks to offend LH...... Seriously?!

Anywho, let's not turn this into a "BLM" or "Take a Knee" crapshoot...... (is that the right word)?

Seriously, the worst of luck to all taking part in the HHF Prediction League - I intend to take all honours!! :thumb:

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, the British weather certainly hade the latter stages of Q3 interesting! Provisional Pole changing hands several times in the final few minutes - hope the race is as good...
GB-F1 Qual.jpg
(187.44 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Good luck to all.

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well thank feck for the Halo..... Lap 1/2 and good God - thankfully all OK.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

One of the most entertaining races for a long time and luckily Zhou is ok.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

As above, very happy to see nobody hurt - sad to see certain drivers out.

Lewis a tad unlucky there with the Yellow Flag/Safety Car late on (not to mention a crap Pit Stop) - Big Hand to Sainz on the win, but what's with the Scuderia and Leclerc??!!

So, so, sorry to see Crashappen back in the field, but hey ho! :wink:

As for the Prediction League....... Congrats to BB on the Yellow Cap - What's happening here, big points in all..???!! :roll:
HHF-F1-GB.jpg
HHF-F1-GB.jpg (56.31 KiB) Viewed 315 times
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Christ.....

:bow: