Thailand plans to decriminalize cannabis

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by hhinner »

Not beer. Sparkling hop water. Non-alcoholic.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

hhinner wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:45 pm Not beer. Sparkling hop water. Non-alcoholic.
Ok, same question.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Two opposing views from 2 different health websites:
In general, CBD water is low-risk and could be beneficial, especially in terms of improving mood, lowering anxiety, and reducing inflammation. But, as with any wellness purchase, it pays to do your research before you drink it up.
https://www.wellandgood.com/cbd-water/# ... %20it%20up.
CBD may offer various benefits, but CBD water contains minimal amounts. Also, it's more expensive and likely less effective than most other CBD products. In fact, given that this compound loses its medicinal properties when exposed to air or light, CBD water is unlikely to provide any benefits at all.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/cb ... ottom-line
buksida

Re: Thailand plans to decriminalize cannabis

Post by buksida »

Paranoia Sativa Outbreak in Thailand
Experts are warning that Thailand risks a serious outbreak of a highly contagious disease that could lead to widespread ignorance and mass hysteria. High-ranking officials and politicians appear to be among the most highly vulnerable groups.

According to psychologists, the current epidemic of paranoia sativa seems to have been triggered by the delisting of cannabis from the regulations on controlled substances. Until new regulations are put in place, this has effectively turned cannabis production and consumption into a rule-free zone and made it impossible for the authorities to police the situation, giving rise to a wide variety of hallucinations.

‘When Thai government officials have no rules to enforce, they can be overwhelmed by feelings of impotence and low self-esteem,’ according to Dr Malee ‘Jane’ Kanchanasoop of the Wellness Enhancement through Ethnobotanical Drugs project, who has been tracking the situation.

‘They may then start issuing statements about imaginary problems in an attempt to control public behaviour,’ she continued. ‘If they can’t establish their supposed superiority over the rest of the population by drafting and enforcing petty rules and regulations, they tend to turn to scare stories and fake news as an informal substitute.’

Long-term residents, however, point out that in the past many have been threatened with drug arrests without any drugs being involved. It has, for example, been quite common for tourists getting off the Pattaya bus at Ekkamai to be arrested for cannabis possession without any spliffs being found in their bags. Why should the absence of laws on cannabis make things any different? they ask.

Lower-ranking police are reportedly unhappy with the new situation. One police lance-corporal who requested anonymity as he was not authorized to speak to the media and who should properly have arrested himself for opening his big mouth, expressed their frustration.

‘Apart from losing the regular income from kick-backs from busting people for pot,’ he said, ‘we used to be able to go round the back of the station every now and then and burn the stuff we’d seized. When the wind was in the right direction, that is. We enjoyed that.’

‘Do you remember when the military took power after the coup?’ asks one political analyst. ‘One of their slogans, much derided at the time, was “Bring happiness back to the people.”

‘So now they’ve changed the law so that the people have unrestricted access to one means of getting happiness back, and they promptly turn around and say no one must use it.’ The psycho-political literature unfortunately gives no clear indication of how long a government can survive such dangerous levels of cognitive dissonance.

https://prachatai.com/english/node/9875

:lach:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Brilliant.
buksida

Post by buksida »

They weren't kidding ...

The Public Relations Department on Tuesday relayed in English the Ministry of Public Health's earlier announcement banning the use of cannabis and hemp for recreational purposes in public areas. It was accompanied by a poster in English that made no distinction between public and private areas, however.

"Smoking cannabis or hemp in public is considered a nuisance, as the smoke or the smell may cause health hazards to other people and lead to the risk of such diseases as lung disease, asthma, and bronchitis. Offenders will face imprisonment of up to three months and/or a fine of up to 25,000 baht," the department stated in English.

289690356_405094371663077_486060614429455083_n.jpg
289690356_405094371663077_486060614429455083_n.jpg (70.24 KiB) Viewed 15855 times

Source: Khaosod English Fayboo
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Isn't the drinking of "cannabis" drinks recreational?
buksida

Post by buksida »

I don't think there is any THC in those drinks, maybe a nip of CBD and a picture of a leaf on the bottle which makes them largely a gimmick.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Absolutely! But the hype may lead some to believe they are partaking of recreational cannabis.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Doesn't cigarette smoke cause the same problems in public?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just bought some chicken nibbles from 7/11. Didn't notice the ganja symbol till I got home. It's becoming a staple ingredient!
Chicken nibbles.jpg
(131.29 KiB) Downloaded 14778 times
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Re: Buying online from Lazada

Post by Ratsima »

Please feel free to delete this if it somehow violates forum rules. However, since nothing mentioned is actually illegal, it seemed OK to me.

Since ganja is no longer illegal and since I hadn't had any since I bought some at the Buriram fresh market a couple of decades ago, I thought I'd give it a shot. I don't want to smoke anything, so I was looking for edibles. I went to the ganja stall that is a couple of K from my house, but they only had raw weed, no edibles except for some ganja infused beer. (More on that at a later date. Check the beer thread.)

My wife suggested I try online and sent me a URL which eventually ended me up here on Lazada:
gummies.jpg
gummies.jpg (133.27 KiB) Viewed 15668 times
Ah, great. Gummies for only a few hundred baht. Let's try it.

But, when I opened the tiny box, this is what I got:
weed.jpg
weed.jpg (133.41 KiB) Viewed 15668 times
I guess only idiots like me didn't know that the THC gummies were a front for real weed.

But now, what to do with it? Well, I followed this recipe, which, as far as I can tell, is not copyrighted:

==========
Cannabis Firecracker

Ingredients

1⁄2 gram of weed (or about half of what you’d put in a joint), or a somewhat larger amount of already vaped weed. 

Peanut butter, nutella, or any fatty sweet spread that you can bake

, half graham cracker or similar crackers

, Aluminum foil

Method

Step 1: Grind and decarb the cannabis

Set your oven to 230°F (110°C), grab your best grinder, and grind the marijuana into a fine powder. The finer the cannabis, the better it will absorb into the cookie when you bake it.

Take the ground cannabis and put it on a piece of aluminum foil or an oven safe container like a ramekin, and bake it in the oven for about a half hour.

Step 2: Slather and Bake the Cookies

Take the cracker and split it into two pieces like a sandwich, and spread peanut butter or chocolate on both halves. Then take your decarbed weed and sprinkle it evenly over the spread on both halves and then press them together like a sandwich (or a smore) and wrap in aluminum foil. Then take the foil-wrapped sandwich and place it in the oven at 230°F (110°C) for about 45 minutes.

Step 5: Enjoy!

With your single serving firecracker in hand, you can do some experimenting. Try eating half the first time and see if that’s enough. The crackers will keep well in the cupboard so you can always have another round later in the week.
==========

Apparently weed has dramatically increased in quality since I was buying one ounce lids of mostly seeds and stems while I was at UC Santa Cruz in the 60s. Or, perhaps I'm just old.

I was wasted for hours. Next time, a tiny bite of the firecracker will suffice.

I should note that both the vendor and the "gummies" are both now gone from Lazada.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Or, as you probably know, you can buy a box of brownie mix, add as much weed as you like, a 1/2oz. per box is the usual amount, and follow the instructions for baking. 1, 2" square will take care of you for several hours. It takes about 30 mins. to take effect.
On the meantime, where can I buy some weed in Hua Hin?
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

handdrummer wrote:Or, as you probably know, you can buy a box of brownie mix, add as much weed as you like, a 1/2oz. per box is the usual amount, and follow the instructions for baking. 1, 2" square will take care of you for several hours. It takes about 30 mins. to take effect.
Head to Market Village on the G floor near to the Puma shop.

Busiest shop I’ve ever seen in any mall and where in Thailand.

Can’t work out why the government has made such a U-turn on this policy.

Money related? Make the people more stupid? Who knows but I’m not sure it’s the right thing to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Henry 14th wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:49 am
handdrummer wrote:Or, as you probably know, you can buy a box of brownie mix, add as much weed as you like, a 1/2oz. per box is the usual amount, and follow the instructions for baking. 1, 2" square will take care of you for several hours. It takes about 30 mins. to take effect.
Head to Market Village on the G floor near to the Puma shop.

Busiest shop I’ve ever seen in any mall and where in Thailand.

Can’t work out why the government has made such a U-turn on this policy.

Money related? Make the people more stupid? Who knows but I’m not sure it’s the right thing to do?

There are no commercial shops that sell cannabis that contains THC.

As for the "right thing to do," there are cancer patients, people in pain, and people with anxiety and sleep problems who many benefit from using cannabis.

Morally, what other people choose to ingest or smoke is none of my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk