Smartwatches

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Smartwatches

Post by VincentD »

Yes, they are not cheap any more. You may be able to find the T-Rex Pro (last year's model, 2021) slightly cheaper. You won't be disappointed, I still like the one I have. Amazing battery life, too. Up to 3 weeks between charges..
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

The only gripe I have is that you can't multi task - if you are in walking or any other mode with gps on you can't switch to the watch unless you exit that function. Otherwise, it will keep tracking all your steps and heart rate as long as you are wearing it.
วินเชนท์
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Thanks mate, so you are saying, if I'm wearing it as a normal watch in watch mode when I am working, riding or walking it will still count the steps and monitor heart rate?
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Yes, it will count your steps, just like if you had your smart phone in your pocket. Heart rate would depend on your settings, I leave mine at a reading every 10 minutes, but don't forget, mine is ages old so there are many more features these days. I even get a notification if I've reached my number is steps for the day (default 8,000) but unless I'm really out and about it doesn't happen.
Just be aware, that unlike a standard digital watch, you have to charge these things every once in a while. The old apple smart watches didn't last much more than a day.
I also have an old Casio watch, 10 year battery, that is still running after 11 years.
วินเชนท์
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

T Rex is 5000 in power buy here in Hua Hin

Personally I thought it looked like a watch for blokes under 30, and im double that!!

I'm edging closer to a Galaxy watch 4.....

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Me too....not far off that myself. :mrgreen: Have not looked at galaxy watch 4 though, but would that not be in the Garmin territory?
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Hehe. No, I wouldn't wear something like the T-Rex, but assumed that since you had a g-shock you preferred that kind of styling. I would go more for the Amazfit GTR3, costs less than a T-Rex too. Probably my personal choice once this one dies. Or you could go for an entry level Garmin Forerunner 55 for almost twice as much.
Choices, choices .
วินเชนท์
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Hahuahin wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:14 pm Perhaps this gentleman can give you some tips for choosing a watch. IMO, his testing is thorough but at the same time entertaining https://www.dcrainmaker.com/

hahuahin :)
what a great site!

Cheers for the tip