Glasgow Rangers Supporters Club

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Scotch
Novice
Novice

Glasgow Rangers Supporters Club

Post by Scotch »

We have recently started a Rangers supporters club in Hua Hin. We meet for matches and meetings in Connections Cafe in Soi 94.

If there are any fellow fans living in the area or on holiday, then please feel free to come and join us. Everyone and anyone is welcome.
Troon Expat
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Glasgow Rangers Supporters

Post by Troon Expat »

I must admit this is disappointing news, I occasionally frequent the Connection Cafe, which is a very hospitable establishment, Tony and Jim the proprietors are two excellent hosts. I only hope is that this does not become an pub bedecked with Rangers football colours.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ Would it make it any less hospitable? Would Tony and Jim be any less excellent?
Troon Expat
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Troon Expat »

Not at all, Tony and Jim are hospitable to everyone and of course that would not change. However I suspect the ambiance of the bar may change.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Scotch wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:03 pm We have recently started a Rangers supporters club in Hua Hin. We meet for matches and meetings in Connections Cafe in Soi 94. Please feel free to come and join us. Everyone and anyone is welcome.
Troon Expat wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:06 pm this is disappointing news...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Scotch
Novice
Novice

Post by Scotch »

Troon expats response is what I fully expected. Sadly he is a typical representation of the type of people / bigots that live in the west coast of Scotland who are obsessed with hating Rangers. Correct Troon? We have 15 founder members and growing by the day. Why not start a club for Ayr or Killie, or what other minor club you support, or why not come and join us. Everyone and anyone is welcome.
Jimmyp1970
Novice
Novice

Post by Jimmyp1970 »

Connection Cafe won't change. It's a base for like minded Rangers fans watch games. Simple. Also anyone from other teams are welcome also. It's friendly bunch guys and good bar. Disappointing someone thinks this is a bad thing for Connection Cafe. Bars are struggling and any bar here would be glad of a decent turn out and selling few bottles beer, after all they have bills to pay. Small minded individuals maybe don't realise bars don't sell beer they close. Guy said he frequents Connection Cafe......he want it stay open or close? Just because one individual dislikes Rangers doesn't give him right to say its a bad idea. Ask Tony and Jim if they think it's good or bad idea. They pay the bills
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Glasgow Rangers Supporters Club

Post by sateeb »

To quote....Guess who... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

It is always very easy to complain and be critical, and we all like to do it from time to time.
But when all that you ever focus on is the negative, I think that your view becomes distorted.
I have worked with and known quite a few 'the glass is half empty' type people over the years and thankfully now that I am retired I can choose not to spend too much time in the company of these 'joy hoovers'.

Hoisted by ones own petard :laugh: :thumb:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Good luck to all at Connection Cafe and lang may yer lum reek. What a lot of nonsense and bigotry.
It's not as if they've done anything really offensive, like starting an Arsenal supporters club... :laugh: :laugh: :thumb:
This is the way
Jimmyp1970
Novice
Novice

Post by Jimmyp1970 »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:43 pm Good luck to all at Connection Cafe and lang may yer lum reek. What a lot of nonsense and bigotry.
It's not as if they've done anything really offensive, like starting an Arsenal supporters club... :laugh: :laugh: :thumb:
Few Gooners in now they here for a month
Scotch
Novice
Novice

Post by Scotch »

A friend asked me to post this ….

Right! Let’s put this to bed right now!
Connections is a neutral, non denominational bar which welcomes supporters of all clubs (even Spurs and Sunderland - maybe)
Good natured banter is welcome, but bigotry isn’t.
The DSRSC has been formed by like minded customers who frequent Connections Bar. It could have been followers if any club, and with it being formed by existing customers we do not anticipate that the ambiance in Connections will alter.
Tony and Jim have put a great deal of effort into bringing people together and providing a friendly environment for everyone; Not just from the UK, but from around the world.
I truly urge everyone to put their differences aside and continue to support Tony and Jim in their venture.
You never know; one day I might meet the other Partick Thistle supporter one day and we could form the John Lambie appreciation society!