TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by thecolonel »

Two series finished recently

JACK RYAN SERIES 3

not bad, bit disappointing if I'm honest, seem to recall S2 was better... 7/10

SHANTARAM

Very good drama about an Aussie prison escapee who flees to Bombay to start a new life and his trials and tribulations there.

Wanted to really love this series but in the end just very good. Based on an excellent book apparently

8/10

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

thecolonel wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:10 pm JACK RYAN SERIES 3

not bad, bit disappointing if I'm honest, seem to recall S2 was better... 7/10
Certainly enjoyed the first two, so will be giving Season 3 a look.

Also out is Season 3 of Big Sky - well worth a watch.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

I thought season 3 was quite good a few twists in the story made it interesting.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I mainly watch British programmes and have been watching the latest series of Happy Valley - I like it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:05 pm I mainly watch British programmes and have been watching the latest series of Happy Valley - I like it!!
This is one I've seen advertised - completely missed the earlier series (7 odd years ago), have now downloaded the first two series and looking forward to them! Typical of me however, I continue to download movies/shows even when I'm now not working overseas - as I'm in the UK, I enjoy a multitude of channels/programs and therefore now have a huge backlog of downloads to watch!! :roll: :oops:

Still, all good! :thumb:
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

lindosfan1 wrote:I thought season 3 was quite good a few twists in the story made it interesting.
Which? Jack Ryan or Big Sky?

lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:41 am
lindosfan1 wrote:I thought season 3 was quite good a few twists in the story made it interesting.
Which? Jack Ryan or Big Sky?

Jack Ryan :cheers:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:12 am I made the mistake of rewatching/starting "Lost" (the series, not the Forum member) the other night..... Bloody hooked again!!
Did you downlo0ad it? Where from?

Not to worry, found it on Pirate Bay.
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

buksida wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:45 am Just started 1883 which is a prelude to Yellowstone, if you liked that and westerns in general, you'll like this.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13991232/

In the same genre, and part of the same story is 1923 with Harison Ford. Haven't started it yet, but it looks good.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18335752/

Another one I'll be starting soon is Mosquito Coast, a series based on the superb 1986 movie, which was based on the book.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11041132/

Also downloaded the Mayor of Kingston which could be worth a look.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11712058/

All are available on eztv, which also has a handy list and countdown to upcoming series: https://eztv.re/countdown/
1883 - pretty good, though they string out the final episode way too much.
1923 - much better, it grabbed me from the start. Only 4 episodes available so far, which is a bit of a pain. I prefer to binge these days, so I might have to wait til the whole season is available.

Mosquito Coast - haven't read the book or seen the film. I'd have enjoyed it more if I'd had any sympathy for Allie, who IMO is a bit of a twat. I've watched season 1, and I've got season 2, but I'll wait a while before delving into that.
This is the way
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Last night I watched the first 2 episodes of The Rig

A drama about very strange happenings on an oil rig off Aberdeen

Stars Martin Compston(Line of Duty) amongst other recognisable Scottish actors. In fact it feels similar to that 'Vigil' (submarine drama that Compston also starred in).

In truth, I'm not sure I'll bother continuing. Not my type of thing and also looks generally a bit shyte!

On Amazon but...... etc etc

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:30 am Last night I watched the first 2 episodes of The Rig

A drama about very strange happenings on an oil rig off Aberdeen

Stars Martin Compston(Line of Duty) amongst other recognisable Scottish actors. In fact it feels similar to that 'Vigil' (submarine drama that Compston also starred in).

In truth, I'm not sure I'll bother continuing. Not my type of thing and also looks generally a bit shyte! ImageImage

On Amazon but...... etc etc

I’m up to episode 4 and it doesn’t get any better - I’ve seen worse, but baring in mind the number of other well known TV actors, I was hoping for better!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Another series that has recently returned to BBC is Silent Witness - I used to quite enjoy it but sadly the plots are becoming more implausible - with Forensic Scientists seemingly taking over the duties that I’m sure are the responsibility of the police. Still, Emilia Fox is still very watchable!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:46 am
pharvey wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:12 am I made the mistake of rewatching/starting "Lost" (the series, not the Forum member) the other night..... Bloody hooked again!!

Actually watching it on "Disney +" - had 6 months free through 02 Mobile, but just stuck with it. Some good stuff on there and not exactly pricey. :thumb:

You can also get a free trial on Paramount (only 7 days though). I've forked out on a new TV to watch all..... Which the LHG doesn't know about yet :duck: , but I guess it will fit in the spare room where I suspect I'll be for the foreseeable future :roll: :(
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:32 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:46 am

Actually watching it on "Disney +" - had 6 months free through 02 Mobile, but just stuck with it. Some good stuff on there and not exactly pricey. :thumb:

You can also get a free trial on Paramount (only 7 days though). I've forked out on a new TV to watch all..... Which the LHG doesn't know about yet :duck: , but I guess it will fit in the spare room where I suspect I'll be for the foreseeable future :roll: :(
So assuming the LHG doesn’t put a hammer through it, what make/size of TV will you be watching your favourite programmes on?
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

The award winning game The Last of Us has been given a series, first episode out a few hours ago. Great reviews (I've only just bought the 1st and 2nd games so gonna wait till I complete before watching :D).

Not much given away in the trailer...

First episode: https://eztv.re/search/the-last-of-us
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.