Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Re: Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

Post by KhunLA »

Most of their sponsored ads are total scams. $1000s of products for < $100. Can't believe people order such things.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't know why, but for the first time ever I received an e-invoice via e-mail for today's delivery. One invoice for the goods, and a 2nd invoice (different e-mail) for the carriage.

Is this a government initiative for something? Are we meant to do anything with these invoices? File B1N looks favourite, but thought I'd better check first.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Be very careful opening attachments if you don't know what they are - its the easiest way to catch malware on your computer or phone.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was given a safe way to view, which I accepted.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

How fast ... DAMN FAST ... :shock:

Central Online, 24 hrs, possibly faster, as sitting at the door, since prepaid ... 👍
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Just used Shoppee as I could not get what I wanted on Lazada. Way more complicated than Lazada and reinforces my preference. Searched using a browser enduring the VPN was off and hopefully will get what I ordered at some point in the future
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Gregjam wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:11 pm Just used Shoppee as I could not get what I wanted on Lazada. Way more complicated than Lazada and reinforces my preference. Searched using a browser enduring the VPN was off and hopefully will get what I ordered at some point in the future
Congratulations on persevering with Shoppee. I gave up when I couldn't correct the map or go back to where I ordered.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Have just ordered more stuff off shoppee as it was cheaper or not available on Lazada. Downloaded the app on my second iphone (registered here rather than abroad) as I could not do it on the main one. Now I can see my full purchase history. Lazada or aliexpress is still in my opinion much easier but after a few purchases I am getting used to Shoppee. The second phone is useful too as one can be on google translate using the camera when needed.
buksida

Post by buksida »

JD Central to end local operations in March

E-marketplace JD Central has announced it will end its operations in Thailand from March 3.

JD Central, a joint venture between Central Group and Chinese internet giant JD.com, is one of the three biggest e-marketplaces in Thailand. The others are Lazada and Shopee.

The company's announcement on its Facebook page said official stores in JD Central will stop placing orders at 11.59pm on Feb 15, while other sellers on the platform will stop receiving orders at 11.59pm on March 3.

All transactions would be completed by March 3. Delivery times would be determined by the third-party logistics firms and sellers.

JD Central said it would provide after-sale services until March 31.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/24 ... s-in-march
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:04 pm I don't know why, but for the first time ever I received an e-invoice via e-mail for today's delivery. One invoice for the goods, and a 2nd invoice (different e-mail) for the carriage.

Is this a government initiative for something? Are we meant to do anything with these invoices? File B1N looks favourite, but thought I'd better check first.
I have had this many times in the UK. They do this for businesses as well, you need the receipt for VAT, expenses etc, to claim back.

:cheers: :cheers:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.