Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by hhinner »

joelle wrote:Well 4 hours later and still no power :banghead:
That storm must have been real strong to do such damage!!
Earlier this year when we had some heavy rain our power went off about 6am. Still wasn't back at 9am. Hmm. When I checked the breaker panel it turned out the safety RCBO had tripped either when the power went off or came back on. Duh!

Have you checked your breakers?
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Nice steady shower started 10 mins ago in 94/beach

Now just got a bit heavier

But must stop soon as golf courses so dry the water cannot penetrate and just sits on top

That's my agenda anyway, I don't have a garden full of plants and vegetables!

Edit : just stopped, perfect timing!

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

joelle wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:48 am Well 4 hours later and still no power :banghead:
Not necessarily. In the past we used to have power outages every year when the first rain of the rainy season fell, even if it was only a light shower. And sometimes it would take hours before power was restored.

Although things have improved now and that rarely happens any more (touch wood).

This morning for instance, we had quite the downpour for about 15 minutes and we had the lights, TV etc flicker on and off a couple of times but only for a split second each time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

joelle wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:48 am Well 4 hours later and still no power :banghead:
We’re not far from you and there was no power disruption at our house, so just a local issue that happens quite often - hopefully all ok now?
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Was at Lakeview Golf Resort at 7.15 and torrential rain for10 mins from 7.40 but stopped after 12 mins and we played golf at 8.15 in perfect conditions thereafter- oh how lucky the brave?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

hhinner wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:48 pm
joelle wrote:Well 4 hours later and still no power :banghead:
Earlier this year when we had some heavy rain our power went off about 6am. Still wasn't back at 9am. Hmm. When I checked the breaker panel it turned out the safety RCBO had tripped either when the power went off or came back on. Duh!

Have you checked your breakers?
Thanks for your reply, but it was the high-voltage wires on main road which were broken and therefore took a long time to be repaired
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:33 pm
We’re not far from you and there was no power disruption at our house, so just a local issue that happens quite often - hopefully all ok now?
Yes thanks all fixed by 11am, it was some high-voltage wires broken :cheers:
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

PET wrote:Was at Lakeview Golf Resort at 7.15 and torrential rain for10 mins from 7.40 but stopped after 12 mins and we played golf at 8.15 in perfect conditions thereafter- oh how lucky the brave?
PM sent.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

joelle wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:08 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:33 pm
Yes thanks all fixed by 11am, it was some high-voltage wires broken :cheers:
Accident and transformer down?
hahuahin
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Forgive a brief aside.
While you expats are basking in the heat and sun, here in the UK spring has sprung and we're now into British Summer Time. Hooray!! All of which naturally means that...
... we're back to freezing temperatures!! :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:Forgive a brief aside.
While you expats are basking in the heat and sun, here in the UK spring has sprung and we're now into British Summer Time. Hooray!! All of which naturally means that...
... we're back to freezing temperatures!! :laugh: :laugh:
I’ve just checked and it says actual 34°, but feels like 38° (that’s C by the way, not F)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buksida

Post by buksida »

We've just come out of 2-3 years of La Niña with epic wet seasons and now this ...

El Nino ups risk of drought
The Office of the National Water Resources (ONWR) has warned people to prepare for a drought by saving water due to risks posed by the El Nino phenomenon since July, resulting in less rainfall than is commonly experienced at this time of year.

Speaking after meeting with representatives of water-related agencies such as the Department of Royal Irrigation, the Department of Water Resources, Thai Meteorological Department and the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (Egat), ONWR secretary-general Surasee Kittimonthon said the office has set up a plan to respond to any potential drought crisis that may occur, especially during a period of intermittent rain in August.

He said the national committee on water resources has agreed with the plan, which identifies those areas that would bear the brunt of a drought and has arranged what tools and machines would be needed to assist while also marking out new water sources in case of emergencies.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -says-onwr
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’d like to think that they’ve now put the mockers on it, and it’ll be the wettest period for years, but alas they’re probably correct.

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not sure how closely people have been following the weather but the weather app on my iPhone has been showing rain virtually every day for the past 3-4 weeks and yet I’ve not witnessed a single drop. This is the latest week ahead forecast but if the past is anything to go by, there’s unlikely to be any change!!

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You're in Petchaburi, so your forecast could be correct this time.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/summer-sto ... s-weekend/
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance: