Married couple visa financial requirements

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
jungle

Married couple visa financial requirements

Post by jungle »

Does a married couple have to show a pension of 65K or more a month each (130K ) in to a Thai bank.
A friend has just been turned away from immigration because his bank book is in both names and they insist they should meet the 130K baht.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Re: Married couple visa financial requirements

Post by Scout »

10 years ago my wife and I renewed our Non-OA visa’s using a joint account, but it had to have a balance of at least 1.6 million baht (800,000 for each person). We only did that once, then we learned of the Embassy income affidavit method and switched to that for 3 years until that option went away. Since then, I’ve transferred minimum of 65,000 baht each month into my personal Thai bank account and my wife has “followed” my visa. At renewal time, my renewal application package has the financial letter from the bank, along with 12 monthly Credit Advice Receipts and a photo copy of my bank book, while my wife’s application package does not have a financial section but instead has a copy of our marriage certificate and the marriage affidavit from the US Embassy. We’ve been using this method for many years now.
jungle

Re: Married couple visa financial requirements

Post by jungle »

Thanks Scout that is a great help.