Residency letter from Immigration

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Residency letter from Immigration

Post by Nereus »

Just to round this off as it happened to me yesterday:

The first thing that the copy lady asked for was the "book house"!

As it turned out what she really wanted was my address to enter into the pro-forma document.
That document is NOT what you end up with, but is only used to gather the reqiuired information, which is then used to type up a letter in Thai with a (TRANSFER OF RIGHTS FOR CAR), in English at the end of it.

The girl in the small office processing it was very obliging, and when ready brought the document outside to where I was waiting. Fee: 500 baht.

To answer my own question; the document is valid for 1 month.

I will also add that it will be a sad day for Hua Hin Immigration when that copy lady retires!
I have not been there that many times, but each time that I have been as soon as she spots me hobbling outside on my walking stick, she immediately insists that I go inside and sit down. :thumb:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Absolutely agree. I'd respect the copy lady's knowledge above the rest. She's never steered me wrong.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

A couple of Expats are posting on FB that as from a few days ago the back office processing the residency letter is no more, it's now done at the main immigration entrance. No fee now but you have to wait a few days to collect it, not good for people from out of town.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Pagey wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:55 pm A couple of Expats are posting on FB that as from a few days ago the back office processing the residency letter is no more, it's now done at the main immigration entrance. No fee now but you have to wait a few days to collect it, not good for people from out of town.
Actually never been a fee for a Certificate of residency letter. Pocket money for the back office and one VIP at "upper floor"
I came there one year with Certificate of Residency from revenue office which I receive every year and all data about me is printed, include address in Thailand and the big answer was NO NO Why......I have the answer but dont want to publish that here. :|
hahuahin