Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lost wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:54 am ^ was also nice to see our new keeper get a clean sheet and a few very decent saves in. :D

:cheers:
Agreed, but I'm still not 100% convinced. Not yet. The Man U keeper, on the other hand, was probably their best player.
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Man City haven't made a sub for two games now. And not surprising. Take a look at yesterday's bench. :shock:

20230819_212832.jpg
20230819_212832.jpg (10.29 KiB) Viewed 230 times

Where the hell did their depth go, crikey!?
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Foden looked as though he was on 97 octane!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

You never know. Poch managed to get a team with Winks, Sissoko and Alli in the middle to be title contenders and Champion's League finalists. Already saw a great improvement in Chelsea's game.
Erm, yeah. I take it all back. Everything. Dreadful.

Played half an hour with ten men and West Ham were still the better team, grabbing another goal also. An absolute horror show of a debut from £115 million (😂) Caicedo. Wild shots. Almost getting an assist for West Ham with sloppy passing and, eventually, conceding a penalty. Ouch. £106 million (😂) Enzo didn't fair much better. Absent and missed a penalty. £90 million (😂) Mudryk is just a crap player.

Sterling played well. Only positive for Chelsea.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Where’s Lost - he should be crowing about Spurs being top of the table (for the next few hours anyway), after their 2-0 win over Bournemouth!!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^He's probably watching Harry in Germany! :laugh:

Don't worry, I'm sitting here crowing quietly to myself. Not getting carried away yet. Bournemouth were pretty ineffective, Sonny is yet to find his best form, and at the moment, Richarlison is a complete waste of space. Someone gift him a goal, for Christ's sake, maybe that will get him to buck his ideas up.

Fortunately Maddison is playing really well, as are a number of the young new and recent arrivals.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I seem to recollect Spurs being top of the table this time last year and Arsenal being bottom and then……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Richarlison surely has acheived something amazing already this season - the award for the ugliest, most hideous tattoo on display in the premiership, surpassing even the neck of Man City's Ederson.
Talk is cheap
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

After all the plaudits Foden has received since his performance last week he's on the bench today - I give up!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Liverpool defy the odds and after being 1-0 down against Newcastle who were playing at home and after Van Dijk being sent off, come back to win 2-1, with the winner scored after 3 minutes of extra time - Eddie Howe must be furious!!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:59 am Eddie Howe must be furious!!
He's not the only one. Alexander-Arnold was very lucky not to get a red as well, but the ref bottled it, and the more I see of Klopp, the less I like the man. I became an ardent Newcastle fan during that game. Never mind, it won't last.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:35 am
He's not the only one. Alexander-Arnold was very lucky not to get a red as well, but the ref bottled it, and the more I see of Klopp, the less I like the man. I became an ardent Newcastle fan during that game. Never mind, it won't last.
By the letter of the law I agree, but I sympathise with Alexander Arnold over his booking which was a clear foul against him, which the ref and VAR got wrong.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:35 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:35 am
By the letter of the law I agree, but I sympathise with Alexander Arnold over his booking which was a clear foul against him, which the ref and VAR got wrong.
VAR? Nope, no VAR there. Yes, A-A should have had a free kick, but then he petulantly threw the ball away and got booked. He should have had a very straightforward only a minute later for the challenge against wotsisname, but the ref lost his nerve.
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:34 pm Where’s Lost - he should be crowing about Spurs being top of the table (for the next few hours anyway), after their 2-0 win over Bournemouth!!
:thumb:

Trying to keep my ever increasing optimism that we're going to win everything this year toned down a little. :D

Such a joy to watch at the moment though. To have this big a shift in the style of play we've been used to for years under Mourinho and Conte (and the season Poch was sacked to be fair — we were awful) is very refreshing.

Bissouma. The fee we paid Brighton a year ago still staggers me. 25 mil plus some add ons I believe. If Brighton sold him a year later, they'd be wanting 100 mil. Absolute beast. Must be the most press resistant player in the league.

The form they're in, Madison (40 mil), Sarr (15 mil) and Bissouma must be considered as one of, if not the, best midfield in the league. What's weird is Conte didn't rate Bissouma or Sarr enough to give them a game, and he refused a chance to sign Madison believing him 'unsuitable'. :?
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:54 pm I seem to recollect Spurs being top of the table this time last year and Arsenal being bottom and then……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Year before last. Last year Arsenal were top throughout the beginning, middle... just not the end. :laugh: