The Recommended Movies Thread

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: The Recommended Movies Thread

Post by Dannie Boy »

Do they normally get downloaded within a week of being released?
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

thecolonel wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:25 pm
Lost wrote:Oppenheimer. Brilliant. Intense. Haunting.

A who's who of the best actors deliver immense performances in Christopher Nolan's latest. Though a long one at 3hrs, and not action-filled, I was hooked from the start.

Coming out of the atomic bomb story into a sea of camp pink Barbie moviegoers was quite the contrast. :D

:cheers:
Any sign of this(Oppenheimer) on download sites or boxes?

I looked on wizz TV today and not there yet??

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
Sorry colonel, won't be about for a while. I think October.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:Do they normally get downloaded within a week of being released?
Some do yes, that Operation Mincemeat was quickly available for download after release

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:12 am
Dannie Boy wrote:Do they normally get downloaded within a week of being released?
Some do yes, that Operation Mincemeat was quickly available for download after release

Oh well, sounds like if you want to watch it soon, you’ll have to shell out a few Baht and go to Blueport.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:12 am

Oh well, sounds like if you want to watch it soon, you’ll have to shell out a few Baht and go to Blueport.
No actually Limetorrents have had downloads for 3 days now so it's coming down the pipe as we speak

Thanks for your help though

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:53 am
Dannie Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:12 am Some do yes, that Operation Mincemeat was quickly available for download after release

No actually Limetorrents have had downloads for 3 days now so it's coming down the pipe as we speak

Hate to disappoint but those will be handycam torrents. i.e. filmed in the cinema..They are very much crapola. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

sateeb wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Oh well, sounds like if you want to watch it soon, you’ll have to shell out a few Baht and go to Blueport.

Hate to disappoint but those will be handycam torrents. i.e. filmed in the cinema..They are very much crapola. :cheers:
No doubt most of them will be yes

But some decent quality stuff may be available very soon, much quicker than Lost's estimate I'm sure

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

sateeb wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Oh well, sounds like if you want to watch it soon, you’ll have to shell out a few Baht and go to Blueport.

I very much doubt that the two I've D/L'd are hand filmed in cinema

The picture quality is just too good for that and more than good enough to watch

However the audio is poor and even more difficult than normal for me to hear what's being said

Regardless I'm really fussy about subtitles as I don't want to miss anything that's being said in such an important film

So I'll wait until a subtitled version appears

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

One for the horror fans. Insidious: The Red Door is here. Mixed reviews as is quite the norm for horror sequels but I've enjoyed all of the franchise so far. 1080 just coming through.

https://yts.mx/movies/insidious-the-red-door-2023
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Not a recommendation for a new movie.
However, I got a sudden urge to watch 'The Longest Day'. Maybe the Ukraine war prompted it.
I've not seen it for many years. However, considering it was made more than 60 years ago, it still rates as a classic. I can't think of another movie with so many class A actors.

What old movie would you watch again.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The new Indiana Jones flick has been available for some time. Some light-hearted Indy action and a blast from the past for those who were young when the originals came out.

https://yts.mx/movies/indiana-jones-and ... stiny-2023

Very little else new worth watching at the moment.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:Not a recommendation for a new movie.
However, I got a sudden urge to watch 'The Longest Day'. Maybe the Ukraine war prompted it.
I've not seen it for many years. However, considering it was made more than 60 years ago, it still rates as a classic. I can't think of another movie with so many class A actors.

What old movie would you watch again.
Lawrence of Arabia
Dr Zhivago
Battle of Britain
Ghandi
French Connection
The Godfather
The Graduate
Cabaret
The Manchurian Candidate

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Watched Strays last night. Some real laugh out loud moments for this definitely adults only movie.

Downloaded from https://yts.mx/movies/strays-2023
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Where the Crawdads Sing (2022)

Really enjoyed this one on Netflix. Thoroughly recommend reading the book first though..
GN.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Ginjaninja wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:59 pm Where the Crawdads Sing (2022)

Really enjoyed this one on Netflix. Thoroughly recommend reading the book first though..
GN.
Thought that was really good, too. Not my usual type of movie, I've to be in the right mood for it. The score worked great with the setting.

Not read the book, is on the list...