Car Hire in Hua Hin 2023

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Car Hire in Hua Hin 2023

Post by Big Boy »

I know we have old threads, but I think worth having some up to date information.

I've hired cars here several times over the years. A basic car e.g. Vios has come in at around 600฿, and I've normally paid around 1,000฿ for a wheelchair carrying vehicle.

My eldest granddaughter needed a car for a couple of days, and asked me for help. I eventually found a basic car for 900฿, but the exact same wheelchair carrying vehicles were now available at 2,500฿/day. Plus we're in the depths of low season when prices traditionally drop.

I'm wondering why i.e. cars are similar prices (inflation hasn't reached 250% AFIK).

I don't hire regularly, but it is nice to know what is available. Does anybody know of any little companies still hiring at sensible prices?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Re: Car Hire in Hua Hin 2023

Post by buksida »

The inflation-busting price hiking and profiteering is going on everywhere, not just for car rentals. Could also be supply and demand, car rental firms must have downsized their fleets during lockdowns and there are fewer renters around so they stick the prices up. Cant recommend though since we have our own truck.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, generally my truck is still fine, and the need to hire for myself is rare e.g. when I had the mid-life bodywork restoration. However, it is nice to have details should the need arise.

The company I have used are still renting exactly the same cars as they were renting pre-Covid, so if anything the price should have dropped. As you say, profiteering.

My granddaughter asked me to help because rental prices seem to have rocketed across the board.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Car rental

Post by Hahuahin »

Does anyone have a link and contact information to one or more local car rental companies here in Hua Hin that rent out cars for both shorter and longer periods of time and are regarded as serious and rent out cars with full comprehensive insurance and provide insurance documents for the renter to check through?
In advance thank you :)
hahuahin
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Anyone with experience from renting car at Easy Car rental Hua Hin?
Thank you :)
hahuahin