High Season 2023 has arrived

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Big Boy

High Season 2023 has arrived

Post by Big Boy »

My days (nights) of going to bar areas are long gone, but we still go out for the occasional meal.

I started yesterday by driving to the 2 big shopping malls. My route has to take me down Soi 94. My yardstick for High Season used to be how many people were walking abreast down Soi 94 - that indicator has now gone. There were so many vehicles parked on Soi 94 last night, there was barely any room left to walk. Several times I had to slow right down while a pedestrian rounded a parked car; and when the 70 year old man was walking hand in hand with his 20 year old conquest, traffic just had to back up and join his procession.

We tried to get in to Le Pub for food - no tables and people waiting. We eventually squeezed in to Ga Hanoi.

With over a week to go to the big day, it certainly looks as though High Season 2023/24 will be a success.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Re: High Season 2023 has arrived

Post by buksida »

Yep, was out in that area over the weekend and all bars and restaurants were pretty busy as was the traffic. There is still strict 1am closing in this area though with police patrols on Saturday enforcing it (yes, I know the karaoke area goes on to the wee hours).

Our condo is full as is the one across the street where they're fighting for a parking spot and the traffic/parking on 88 at peak times is a nightmare. Haven't seen it like this for about 6-7 years.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Not sure if it is linked to high season or the holidays but there is something big going on at the deserted factory building just south of the tunnels. ( Google lists it as "Graffiti Abandoned Factory" and the Enjoy Hua Hin Nightclub seems to be part of the action.)
There are huge light displays like they do for temple fairs and last night there were hundreds of cars . . .many parked along Petchkasem. Never seen this level of activity there. . .and it doesnt seem to be advertised . . at least not in English language sources that I checked.
Anyone know what this is?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Much of the local traffic problem over the last couple of days is down to Salesian School having their annual funfair/Christmas fair. I took the family and finished up just dropping them off. I retired to a bar and waited for my orders to pick hem up.
Impossible to park on Petchkasem or Soi 88 as well as all the side roads in that area.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I was in MV at around 13:30 today, an it is the busiest Monday I have seen there in a long time. Lot of farang tourists!

YNWA

YNWA
Nedw54
Novice
Novice

Post by Nedw54 »

Is this the first year since Covid that it has been as busy as this?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Yes B.B...I rode my m/cycle down 94 the other night & it was awash with farang wandering aimlessly in the middle of the road or crossing right in front of me! (In & out of the parked cars).. Wonderland bar complex was quite busy too, but Maldives was quiet.
At around 11pm I rode along Poolsuk towards Soi 57, stealing a side-wards glance down Binta and it WAS busy.
My wingman NokYai told me 3 weeks ago that even then one had to book tables at Ga Hanoi & Le Pub!
But last night (from 8pm to 11pm) Soi 80 was quiet..This yr, so far, it's only trade has been the ex-pats who normally frequent the Soi.
Swings & Roundabouts, but with lots of playgrounds from which to choose... :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nedw54 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:30 pm Is this the first year since Covid that it has been as busy as this?
Yes, its the busiest I've seen it since about 2017. Tourism was already starting to tail off and high seasons were getting shorter a couple of years before Covid killed it stone dead.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I went out for a New Year bicycle ride this morning and down by the beach in the Regent area just outside Cha Am, I’ve never seen the car parks and overflow areas so busy - the hotels must be bursting at the seems.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, there's one I pass as I enter Khao Tao - it's a big car park, and has been totally full for a few days now.

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

If they are not filling up now they never will!! 😉😉
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, lets see how busy they are at this time next week - a much better yardstick.

Of course, full car parks means domestic tourism, just shifting the country's money around a bit.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Yes the hotels in my area are 90+% for Thais, mainly from Bangkok on their weekend/holiday getaway - I’m sure normal mid-week occupancy is closer to 20%!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk