Thailand News Summary

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
PeteC

Re: Thailand News Summary

Post by PeteC »

php1Kf4u7AM.jpg
php1Kf4u7AM.jpg (3.45 KiB) Viewed 1573 times

https://www.thainewsreports.com/news-summary/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've noticed that the silly ("not news" as I would describe them) stories that would get a thirty-second slot in the West get blown out of all proportion here in Thailand, get dragged on for days, and made into massive sagas, the idiot farang in Phuket was one this week, this is the latest:

Celebrity chef scammed by fake cop
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... y-fake-cop
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

crab omelette to take away and beef phad kaphrao for dining in
At 2,310฿ are we sure it was the chef who was scammed?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Oh this place is famous, Jay Fai charges a mint because she's been on TV, and everyone whos anyone has been there ... though I'm not sure I'd part with 65 quid for an omelette. :shock:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - I definitely wouldn't.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

And its still going on ... I wonder if the reaction would have been the same if he was Thai. His behaviour was inexcusable, but it takes very little to get the nationalists flared up ... :|

SWISS MAN IN PHUKET FINALLY APOLOGISES TO THAI DOCTOR
Not satisfied with yesterday's apology from the Swiss man in Phuket who attacked a Thai medical doctor, a Phuket social media group on Saturday calls for a rally at 9am Sunday at Cape Yamu in a bid to oust the man from Thailand.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/202 ... ai-doctor/
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Little is being said about the Thai wife direct statement to the victim that..."My police brother (Correction: son, not brother)... could kill you on the spot..."

Not an exact quote but close. If I find it again I'll post.

They don't want to dilute the nationalist fervor with the fact the Thai made a statement like that. :roll:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I would imagine his attitude has P'd an awful lot of Thai people off. The guy obviously has a lot more money than sense. We just saw a small part of his beachfront garden in that video. How much would a property like that cost in Phuket? The way he attacked the girl, he quite clearly thinks he is Lord of the Manor, and beyond the law. That combined with the things his wife is alleged to have said/threatened................

If it's true they are using their son's senior police position to justify their actions, the son should probably be investigated as well.

Problem is, we don't know how much of what we are hearing is media hype, trying to sell newspapers.

[Edit] I stand corrected, thanks Pete. I thought it was their son, not her brother.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

No, you're correct, she did say "son". I mistyped. I've edited mine.

Also, I've read that they're renting the property. Correct or not I don't know.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

buksida

Post by buksida »

Today's stupid 'not-news' story that is all over the Thai news is some tart riding a moto-taxi that didn't wear panties ... getting the prudists all riled up.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

buksida wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:40 am Today's stupid 'not-news' story that is all over the Thai news is some tart riding a moto-taxi that didn't wear panties ... getting the prudists all riled up.
Photos please :laugh:
buksida

Post by buksida »

The anti-farang sentiment is mounting, they're all at it now ...

A Thai woman said she suffered a cut on her arm after a Westerner, presumably English, who sat behind her at a cafe on Jomtien Beach on Friday smashed a glass next to her because a dog next to her was barking.

Amavalee, 37, told Khaosod Thai on Sunday she informed him it wasn't her dog but the man refused to accompany her to the hospital or pay for her injuries and said "I don't care" before he fled with three friends. A woman who came with him said he's English and his name is Sam.

Source: https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/202 ... hai-woman/

And the lynch mob is growing ...

Phuket beach row spurs graft probes

More than 500 locals and activists gathered on Yamu beach in Thalang district on Sunday to condemn a Swiss man who allegedly kicked a doctor. They also demanded his expulsion from Phuket and restoration of public access to the beach where the alleged assault happened.

The protest against the 45-year-old Swiss man -- Urs Fehr, also known as David -- began at 9am at the scene of the alleged assault, steps to the beach in tambon Pa Khlok.

Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on Sunday warned foreigners living in Thailand to abide by the law or their visas would be revoked.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... aft-probes
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:27 am The anti-farang sentiment is mounting, they're all at it now ...

A Thai woman said she suffered a cut on her arm after a Westerner, presumably English, who sat behind her at a cafe on Jomtien Beach on Friday smashed a glass next to her because a dog next to her was barking.

Amavalee, 37, told Khaosod Thai on Sunday she informed him it wasn't her dog but the man refused to accompany her to the hospital or pay for her injuries and said "I don't care" before he fled with three friends. A woman who came with him said he's English and his name is Sam.

Source: https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/202 ... hai-woman/

And the lynch mob is growing ...

Phuket beach row spurs graft probes

More than 500 locals and activists gathered on Yamu beach in Thalang district on Sunday to condemn a Swiss man who allegedly kicked a doctor. They also demanded his expulsion from Phuket and restoration of public access to the beach where the alleged assault happened.

The protest against the 45-year-old Swiss man -- Urs Fehr, also known as David -- began at 9am at the scene of the alleged assault, steps to the beach in tambon Pa Khlok.

Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on Sunday warned foreigners living in Thailand to abide by the law or their visas would be revoked.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... aft-probes
As I and many others have already commented, based on what has been said he seems to deserve anything he gets, up to expulsion from the country, but wouldn’t it be just as good if someone would take issue with his Thai wife who threatened that they had a senior police officer relative who could get rid of them without it being an issue!!