News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
PeteC

Re: News of the Weird - this just in!

Post by PeteC »

They need to cull the damn things to get their numbers down to a manageable level, but that would set off a Buddhist revolt no doubt. :roll:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

What's wrong with using a Taser, or similar type of stun gun? Playing with a *****ing slingshot FFS! They need to watch out on one the monkeys doesn't take a slingshot and start using it back at them!!! :neener:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

At least the dog was enjoying the show:
..............................................................................................
Dog Bite Leads to Massive Brawl With More Than Twenty People in Pattaya

https://thepattayanews.com/2024/04/03/d ... n-pattaya/

In the midst of the brawl, the dog, a 2-3 year old black and white male, was seen drinking water and watching the fight. :thumb:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Botswana offers to send 20,000 elephants to Germany

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-68715164

The president of Botswana has threatened to send 20,000 elephants to Germany in a political dispute.

Earlier this year, Germany's environment ministry suggested there should be stricter limits on importing hunting trophies.

Botswana's president Mokgweetsi Masisi told German media this would only impoverish Botswanans.

He said elephant numbers had exploded as a result of conservation efforts, and hunting helped keep them in check.

Germans should "live together with the animals, in the way you are trying to tell us to", Mr Masisi told German newspaper Bild.

The country is home to about a third of the world's elephant population - more than 130,000.

Herds were causing damage to property, eating crops and trampling residents, he told Bild.

Botswana has previously given 8,000 elephants to countries such as Angola, and has offered hundreds more to Mozambique, as a means of bringing the population down.

"We would like to offer such a gift to Germany," Mr Masisi said, adding it was not a joke and he would not take no for an answer.

Botswana banned trophy hunting in 2014, but lifted the restrictions in 2019 after facing pressure from local communities.

The country now issues annual hunting quotas, saying that it provides a good source of income for the local community and that the practise is licensed and strictly controlled.

It has previously considered using elephants for pet food.

Germany is the EU's largest importer of African elephant trophies, and hunting trophies overall, according to a 2021 report by the Humane Society International.

A spokeswoman for the environment ministry in Berlin told the AFP news agency that Botswana had not raised any concerns with Germany on the matter.

"In light of the alarming loss of biological diversity, we have a special responsibility to do everything to ensure the import of hunting trophies is sustainable and legal," she said.

The ministry, however, remained in talks with African countries affected by import rules, including Botswana, the spokeswoman said.

Australia, France and Belgium are among countries that have banned the trade in hunting trophies.

In March, UK MPs voted to support a ban on importing hunting trophies, but the legislation has further scrutiny to pass before becoming law.

A pledge to ban the import of hunting trophies was included in the Conservatives' 2019 general election manifesto.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Man pleads guilty to theft of solid gold toilet worth $6 million from Blenheim Palace

http://www.aol.com/news/man-pleads-guil ... 59394.html

A man has pleaded guilty to stealing a toilet made entirely from 18-carat gold and worth more than $6 million from the English stately home where wartime leader Winston Churchill was born.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Weird indeed....

Sierra Leone Declares Emergency Over Drug Kush - Made From Human Bones

"Sierra Leone's president has declared a national emergency over rampant drug abuse.

Kush, a psychoactive blend of addictive substances, has been prevalent in the country for years.

President Julius Maada Bio called the drug a "death trap" and said it posed an "existential crisis".

One of the drug's many ingredients is human bones - security has been tightened in cemeteries to stop addicts digging up skeletons from graves.

Groups of mostly young men sitting on street corners with limbs swollen by kush abuse is a common sight in Sierra Leone.

With a bandage around his ankle, one recovering addict told the BBC the drug has a tight grip on him.

"I don't like doing this, but I cannot leave it because I enjoy it," he said."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-68742694
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Damn you, climate change! :cry:

phpzYuqaUAM.jpg
phpzYuqaUAM.jpg (49.83 KiB) Viewed 591 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

So more alt-right propaganda about climate change. Who in their right mind would believe in this?
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Bamboo Grove wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:23 am So more alt-right propaganda about climate change. Who in their right mind would believe in this?
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic here BG. It's very much a real article by a real left wing author. Apologies if I missed the sarcasm. :D

php4KMuPnPM.jpg
php4KMuPnPM.jpg (22.67 KiB) Viewed 581 times
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

The jokes do write themselves in the 2020s

:cheers:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Honestly BG, please take the time to find if this is satire for me. For the love of God, someone tell me this is all satire... :laugh:

Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Well, honestly, I can't see why it would only affect one particular group. Would the female or male sex workers not be affected? But as your post is only a screenshot, it's not possible to tell what the whole story is.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Bamboo Grove wrote:Well, honestly, I can't see why it would only affect one particular group. Would the female or male sex workers not be affected? But as your post is only a screenshot, it's not possible to tell what the whole story is.
The story is here (taken from Lost's last post):
https://www.context.news/climate-risks/ ... le-weather

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Bamboo Grove wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:28 am Well, honestly, I can't see why it would only affect one particular group. Would the female or male sex workers not be affected? But as your post is only a screenshot, it's not possible to tell what the whole story is.
I don't know if anything has changed but when I lived in Jakarta in the 90's, prostitution was rampant but like Thailand, technically illegal so it happened in bars and clubs and not on the streets where girls could be arrested for soliciting.
However, the law on prostitution only referred to females and so there were areas where trans sex workers gathered on street corners without breaking the law. ( Maybe the lights were too bright in the clubs! )
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

‘Campsite horror’ unfolds as ax-wielding naked woman chases man from woods, cops say

http://www.aol.com/news/campsite-horror ... 28976.html

Well after all it's voodoo country.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.