Bangkok Hospital Development Work

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Bangkok Hospital Development Work

Post by thecolonel »

Not sure which hospital thread this should go in....

It looks like Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin is doubling in size. Work started. Ready in 2 years. If there's been any chatter on this I've missed it

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin hospital special medical clinic

Post by Dannie Boy »

Business must be good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Hua Hin hospital special medical clinic

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:Business must be good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I was going to mention I've helped pay for that! Image

Big Boy

Re: Bangkok Hospital Development Work

Post by Big Boy »

IMHO if its anything less than a multi-storey car park it's a crazy move. All of that hospital, and almost nowhere to park.

Most days of the week, that car park was full - its now a building site.
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

They have created a new car park on the empty land at the back, which has now been sealed, painted etc. They have buggys to take you to and from the main hospital. I am sure they will provide enough parking for when the new building opens.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Oh good, from the front end of the hospital, you don't see that. I've been to the main entrance 3 times in the last week, and did wonder what would happen to parking cars. Thank you, that clears that mystery up.

Points 48; Position 21
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:39 pm Oh good, from the front end of the hospital, you don't see that. I've been to the main entrance 3 times in the last week, and did wonder what would happen to parking cars. Thank you, that clears that mystery up.
I was there twice myself. When they started on what is now an 'interim' car park, I thought they might be creating an entrance from the rear, by the railway line. No such luck.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that was a shame when they closed that entrance. It actually doubled the time from my house to the hospital.

Points 48; Position 21
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:16 pm IMHO if its anything less than a multi-storey car park it's a crazy move. All of that hospital, and almost nowhere to park.
A short memory of Bristol/UK hospital parking then BB? :roll: :wink:
caller wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:52 pm They have created a new car park on the empty land at the back, which has now been sealed, painted etc. They have buggys to take you to and from the main hospital. I am sure they will provide enough parking for when the new building opens.
Christ, a dream come true in the UK. However the simple case is ANY spare land - goes for Housing, Existing Car Parking (in a BIG way) -goes for Housing! Housing for what or whom? To make vast amounts of money - whether it be for Government handouts to house illegal immigrants or building high priced/low quality properties to house the wealthy.

Apologies - different thread and different subject :roll: :offtopic:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

I was there last week for several days, visiting a family member. We all wondered what was being constructed so I finally asked. The hospital will be doubled in size from 60 beds to 120. The new building will include a parking garage. After thinking the cafeteria was closed down, we eventually learned it is open and accessible via a new door installed in the back area of the cashier/ pharmacy area. There is also a new entrance door in the south side of the existing building, it opens into the hallway near Au Bon Pain. I’m sure there are other interesting facts that we don’t yet know, wish this project had a better Communication Plan.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Scout wrote:I was there last week for several days, visiting a family member. We all wondered what was being constructed so I finally asked. The hospital will be doubled in size from 60 beds to 120. The new building will include a parking garage. After thinking the cafeteria was closed down, we eventually learned it is open and accessible via a new door installed in the back area of the cashier/ pharmacy area. There is also a new entrance door in the south side of the existing building, it opens into the hallway near Au Bon Pain. I’m sure there are other interesting facts that we don’t yet know, wish this project had a better Communication Plan.
I can believe it too. You only have experience the cashier department to see how busy they are. You can wait twenty minutes just to pay your bill with 4 ladies serving

A veritable gold mine that place!

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:52 pm They have created a new car park on the empty land at the back, which has now been sealed, painted etc. They have buggys to take you to and from the main hospital. I am sure they will provide enough parking for when the new building opens.
I went to visit a friend in hospital today, and yes, the new car park is as you describe - only one buggy though. I let Mrs BB catch the buggy while I walked - took about the same time. The buggy was constantly going to and fro, and Mrs BB waved him down before she got to the pick-up point.

One problem with the car park, narrow bays. It was all that I could do to avoid damaging the car next door. The old me (a lot larger) would have either been trapped in my car, or would have had to mark the car next door whilst getting in and out. An extra couple of inches would have made all the difference (as the actress said............................. :oops: )

Points 48; Position 21
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:31 pm I went to visit a friend in hospital today, and yes, the new car park is as you describe - only one buggy though. I let Mrs BB catch the buggy while I walked - took about the same time. The buggy was constantly going to and fro, and Mrs BB waved him down before she got to the pick-up point.
3 in use when I last went, but too small and drivers not pro-active enough in seeking people out. Maybe the others failed? I assumed they were wating for bigger ones.

I used to moan about car spaces being too small all the time as well, until I replaced my truck! :wink:
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Definitely only the one today, but he was coping well. I walked for the exercise, not because there wasn't room. Maybe 1pm on a Thursday didn't justify manning the other buggies.

I find car parking spaces in Thailand adequate everywhere except Bluport and now BH. I guess there will be other places, but I haven't been there.

Points 48; Position 21
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:07 pmI find car parking spaces in Thailand adequate everywhere except Bluport and now BH. I guess there will be other places, but I haven't been there.
Many, many other places. The Mall in Korat, Central in Khon Kaen, nearly all Malls in Bkk, with the exception (that I know ) of the new Emsphere, which is designed with the larger car in mind. my other halfs condo, also in Bkk. Getting up and down each level there is bad enough in a car! Basically most older places anywhere, that were designed with smaller cars in mind. I always found MV in HH bad, when parking was in the basement.
Talk is cheap