Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by Big Boy »

:cuss: Note to self............ put specs on to read strange posts, before scouring the interweb to investigate strange posts :banghead:
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Harry Kane made the wrong decision then, instead of a club switch he should have gone for a gender switch and he might have got that elusive silverware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:Harry Kane made the wrong decision then, instead of a club switch he should have gone for a gender switch and he might have got that elusive silverware Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes on a semi serious note how embarrassing for him!

How many years Bayern Champions before he came along and chuffed it all up?!

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:04 pm
Dannie Boy wrote:Definitely looks like City’s title after yesterday’s results - at this stage of the season City are normally at their strongest so I’d be amazed if they don’t go on to lift the title!!
At the other end, the third relegation spot still seems to be between Everton, Forrest and Luton, with Everton in the best position having 2 games in hand.
Forest go to Everton on Sunday

That may or may not make things a little clearer

After last nights thrashing by Chelsea, Everton cannot afford to lose against Forest!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:37 am After last nights thrashing by Chelsea, Everton cannot afford to lose against Forest!!
Would be funny though.... :duck:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Relegation is a fact of life/football, it is a horrible feeling that I don't wish on anybody, but sh*t happens - a very real possibility it will happen in Plymouth again very soon - something you learn to take on the chin and move on.

What I am enjoying though is the karma of seeing the Everton fans squirm, claiming foul all the way. The purer than pure didn't think twice about throwing Plymouth under a bus when Everton cocked up. Funny actually, they used the same administration error excuse for not paying what they owed to save Plymouth from administration/points deduction. I'm actually delighted. I'm not bothered regarding their relegation/survival - just seeing them squirm is enough. Relegation would just be the cherry on top :D.
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I watched the YouTube highlights of the Chelsea game this morning and what struck me as both funny and sad was the group of Chelsea players almost coming to blows over who was going to take the penalty - what a disgrace!!

Chelsea penalty row: Mauricio Pochettino 'can't accept' argument before Cole Palmer strike https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68823174

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:04 pm I watched the YouTube highlights of the Chelsea game this morning and what struck me as both funny and sad was the group of Chelsea players almost coming to blows over who was going to take the penalty - what a disgrace!!
That was extremely annoying to witness and so childish. But it was good to see our Captain sort it out, he physically pushed Jackson away and told both he and Madueka to calm down and that ended that. But he shouldnt have had to do that in the first place.
Talk is cheap
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:04 pm
Dannie Boy wrote:Definitely looks like City’s title after yesterday’s results - at this stage of the season City are normally at their strongest so I’d be amazed if they don’t go on to lift the title!!
At the other end, the third relegation spot still seems to be between Everton, Forrest and Luton, with Everton in the best position having 2 games in hand.
Forest go to Everton on Sunday

That may or may not make things a little clearer

After last nights thrashing by Chelsea, Everton cannot afford to lose against Forest!!
They will

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’ve just seen this and couldn’t believe how much Rashford gets paid for not performing - this season in particular he’s been way below his best - can’t imagine any club wanting to match his salary expectations!!

https://www.football365.com/news/man-ut ... ano-sancho
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Meh they're not winning it
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Udogie out for the rest of the season. Your time to shine Ben Davies :laugh:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I watched the MOTD highlights and have to say that Forest were very unlucky with their (four) penalty appeals. I don’t think the first one was much of a call, IMO definitely not a penalty - the 2nd and 3rd possibles were definitely just that, sometimes you get them, sometimes you don’t, but getting neither could be considered harsh/unfortunate. As for the 4th appeal, well everyone who watched the replays couldn’t understand how the refs decision wasn’t overturned by VAR, only there’s a claim that the official on the day is a Luton Fan and could have been biased - Forest had apparently complained about the appointment before the game but nothing was done. I’m sure this will rumble on for some time!!

Elsewhere, Liverpool did just enough to maintain there hope of lifting the title and Palace gave a very lack-lustre West Ham a bit of a pasting.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

I've not watched any of the highlights yet but, yes it appears Forest were hard done by. Their official X account has mentioned Luton fan thing and implied corruption.

Bigger news is we are 6 days away from Tottenham vs Arsenal. What a massive game that will be! Should we win, that should be the end of Arsenal's title charge. Should we lose, it could be disastrous for our Champion's League hopes.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

To be honest, I think Howard Webb has got a lot to answer for here. We are nearing the end of the season and there has been no improvement in the application of VAR throughout the season. On the same day Coventry got a pen for a handball, that was virtually identical to the one denied in the Forest game. It's just not working as it should do and VAR was meant to remove these areas of subjectivity.

VAR needs other areas of improvement as well, across the board. For the Grealish handball in the semi final, the referee completely missed it and awarded a goal kick, VAR then had a look, and decided what Grealish's handball, was not a penalty. And the game restarted with a goal kick, rather than in the absence of a penalty, the corner it so clearly should have been. That's because the VAR check is simply to check on the penalty claim. But it's a nonsense thre original incorrect award of a goal kick is allowed to stand.
Talk is cheap