The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by Big Boy »

pharvey wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 pm Well, it seems Billy has been a naughty boy again. I hope this doesn't effect his "swansong" move to France. The report doesn't say he'd been drinking (and he has said he no longer drank alcohol), but......
Again? Does he have a history of acting like a prat?

What was he doing in a bar at that time in the morning if he wasn't drinking? If he can get like that without alcohol, he obviously has a severe problem, and a period inside a jail or mental institution is needed. If he can't control his temper while sober, he shouldn't be allowed nowhere near a pitch where team sport is being played. The guy sounds dangerous and totally out of control.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:02 pm
pharvey wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 pm Well, it seems Billy has been a naughty boy again. I hope this doesn't effect his "swansong" move to France. The report doesn't say he'd been drinking (and he has said he no longer drank alcohol), but......
Again? Does he have a history of acting like a prat?

What was he doing in a bar at that time in the morning if he wasn't drinking? If he can get like that without alcohol, he obviously has a severe problem, and a period inside a jail or mental institution is needed. If he can't control his temper while sober, he shouldn't be allowed nowhere near a pitch where team sport is being played. The guy sounds dangerous and totally out of control.
Well, he's apparently had alcohol related issues in the past and as such seemingly given up. That said, his "acting like a prat" in the past has really been the arrogance/acting above his station with coaches/teammates - nothing violent. He was banned for a number of weeks with his sending off against Ireland which obviously hit the headlines, but ultimately he has a decent disciplinary record.

As I eluded to earlier, I think it's obvious it was alcohol related and I suspect being a Bar in Mallorca at 4:30 AM (and with his status in sport) he was likely subjected to some verbal abuse. Of course I'm not excusing the incident and what he has or has not done - sober or not. Hopefully more (accurate) details will be forthcoming.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ It's catching - F1's Norris after "partying" in Amsterdam this weekend.... Would love to see the report on that - too small and too nice to be "Tazzered" though :wink:
Norris.jpg
Norris.jpg (71.96 KiB) Viewed 253 times
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

And back to the beautiful game.... :wink:

An absolutely shitty week(end) for me... :banghead: :cuss:

Bath lose to Sarries, DM's 'Queens beat Northampton, Ospreys stuffed in Africa, Cardiff embarrassed and the Scarlets and Dragons also losing, beit narrowly. Little hope for Welsh Rugby in the near future - Bath's 2nd Team selection vs Leicester months ago is going to come back at bite them on the arse regarding the Playoffs... :cuss:

Bath vs Sarries was a hell of a game, but Itoje was lucky his head on head tackle was only a Yellow and a later blatant Yellow (then Red) was only given as a penalty was a joke - adding insult to injury, it was Itoje who nicked a Bath lineout in the dying minutes.
Farrell was class at times, mouthy at others, quiet for much... Would have been good to see Russell there for Bath, but it wasn't to be.

'Quins vs Northampton - well, another cracker! Certainly not the result I was expecting, but hell - Saints are that far ahead they don't care!! I being a Bath supporter do however as the Table gets forever tighter for the Top 4 (Playoffs).

Gloucester vs Exeter - well shite, the only positive being I didn't go to watch it (not feeling great)! Exeter should have been 30 odd nil up at HT, but couldn't hold onto the ball at times - Gloucester were a complete mess, but still managed 3 Tries.... Not the best of games!!

The Table now looks a tad closer - and worrying for Bath quite frankly (Top 4 Finish?)!!
Attachments
Rugby-Prem-APR.jpg
Rugby-Prem-APR.jpg (54.64 KiB) Viewed 230 times
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Plenty of rugby on again this weekend :thumb:

A Full Weekend of 7's Rugby (World Series) in Singapore, Super Rugby Pacific (see https://www.flipsnack.com/tahs2015/srp2 ... IXHN,51Z,1) and of course the Champions and Challenge Cups Semi-Finals: -

Sharks vs Clermont (Sat 12:30 pm UK)
Gloucester vs Treviso (Sat 3:00 pm UK)
Leinster vs Saints (Sat 5:30 pm UK)

Toulouse vs 'Quins (Sun) 3:00 pm UK)

The LHG has already put her foot down, and Saturday involves a walk through the Bluebell Woods and an early evening BBQ.... She seems to think the neighbours could do with a break from me shouting at the TV :roll:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Thanks for the heads up, Pietro, you know how much I rely on you! :thumb:
pharvey wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:23 am The LHG has already put her foot down, and Saturday involves a walk through the Bluebell Woods and an early evening BBQ.... She seems to think the neighbours could do with a break from me shouting at the TV :roll:
Aww that's sweet. I can just imagine the two of you skipping happily through the bluebells... :laugh: :laugh:
:cheers: :cheers:
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

bluebells.jpg
bluebells.jpg (18.5 KiB) Viewed 197 times
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Yup...... But you forgot the crutch! :oops: :roll:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Tiptoe through the window
By the window, that is where I'll be
Come tiptoe through the bluebells with me
Oh, tiptoe from the garden
By the garden of the willow tree
And tiptoe through the bluebells with me.
Knee deep in flowers we'll stray,
We'll keep the showers away
And if I kiss you in the garden, in the moonlight
Will you pardon me?
And tiptoe through the bluebells with me.
Maybe it's flowers you say will be the showers of life
And when I kiss you in the garden in the moonlight
Will you pardon me and tiptoe through the bluebells with me?
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Tiny Tim... weird! Should be in one of Lost's creepy movies.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Ireally do worry about you sometimes DM...... :roll: :D
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, at least I'm not a Gloucester fan!! And even as a Bath supporter I refrained from extracting the urine from my dear life-long Gloucester supporting pal.... :neener: (no seriously, I did).....

Northampton 90 vs Gloucester 0 :shock: :shock: :roll: :(

Yes, Gloucester gave up (a while ago) on the Premiership League, concentrating on the European Championship Cup (Final in 2 weeks vs Sarks) and blooding new players/building a new squad (watch out next season with the Welsh signings :laugh: ), BUT good God this was embarrassing! A record win/loss in the league and trust me Gloucester fans are not happy!!

Newcastle 17 vs Bath 28

Finn Russell was back for Bath, but it wasn't his show - a pretty dire game. Bath had the Bonus Point in the first half with 4 tries... And then failed to score a single point in the 2nd half!! :cuss:
Job done, yes - good for rugby, no!!

I mentioned some time ago that Bath's selection policy might come back to haunt them - a second/third team selected at Leicester resulted in a loss, where a Bonus Point Win should have been there....

Exeter 58 vs 'Quins 26

Oh how disappointed I am to see the 'Queens lose... And then Feyi-was-i-Welsh (but saw the money) scoring a brace? Seeing the scoreline, would you believe a HT of 21-21?

Exeter are one hell of a club and Baxter has worked wonders with bringing players through....

The Exeter Backrow is superb and there's a couple there that should be in the England squad.

Welsh Rugby

I'm that pi$$ed off, I don't really want to go into it, suffice to say members of the WRU need to go... Along with Club Owners/Directors who have zero passion and are clueless..
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Just to add to the above...

Points lost are a major issue just now - Far too tight at the top for my liking. The Top 4 go through to the Playoff's (P1 & P2 play at home) and with one game remaining.... Bath vs Northampton is going to be the one for me, that's for sure! Exeter are a worry - with a Bonus Point win and their points diff.... Leicester out, but the current Top 7, who knows, especially with a Sale loss?

NOTE: - 4 Pts for a win, a Bonus Point for 4 Tries or more and a Losing Bonus for coming within 7 pts.....
Rugby-Prem-APR.jpg
Rugby-Prem-APR.jpg (34.4 KiB) Viewed 26 times
:cheers: :cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

It's been a great season, and a close finish is what it deserves. Looking forward to next weekend.
This is the way