The 90 Day Report Thread

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: The 90 Day Report Thread

Post by migrant »

Why do you report when you return? My understanding, perhaps wrong, is when you leave the country then return the return date starts the 90 day cycle irregardless of the cycle before leaving.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

So maybe I reported too soon, But surely the online system wouldn't know that anyway? However they were happy to do the 30 day renewal at Bluport today! No skin off my nose in the long run.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

404cameljockey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:50 pm So maybe I reported too soon, But surely the online system wouldn't know that anyway? However they were happy to do the 30 day renewal at Bluport today! No skin off my nose in the long run.
I was just curious, no criticism meant
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

404cameljockey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:50 pm So maybe I reported too soon, But surely the online system wouldn't know that anyway? However they were happy to do the 30 day renewal at Bluport today! No skin off my nose in the long run.
I think the online system would know - this morning I received an email from immigration reminding me that my next report is due on the 16th May, so just over 2 weeks notice to be able to do an online report.
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

PeteC wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm Remember Wednesday May 1 is a holiday, all closed.
Incorrect as immigration is open today May 1st
buksida

Post by buksida »

migrant wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:43 pm Why do you report when you return? My understanding, perhaps wrong, is when you leave the country then return the return date starts the 90 day cycle irregardless of the cycle before leaving.
The idea for those of us not living near the immigration office is to keep the online cycle going. If the 90-day cycle is broken the online system can reject it, forcing you to physically go to the office to do it (half a day wasted). The two systems seem to operate independently, as mentioned earlier in this thread I have two separate 90-day forms with different dates from both systems.

Its just habit now to spend a minute doing it whenever I get the email alert whether it needs doing or not.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

30 day renewal?
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

migrant wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:43 pm Why do you report when you return? My understanding, perhaps wrong, is when you leave the country then return the return date starts the 90 day cycle irregardless of the cycle before leaving.
Correct
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:30 am
I think the online system would know - this morning I received an email from immigration reminding me that my next report is due on the 16th May, so just over 2 weeks notice to be able to do an online report.
It knows that of course, what I meant was it wouldn't know I'd been out of the country and was reporting too soon. The IO at Bluport immigration checked my latest stamps including the cancelled return stamp but gave me the 90 day ticket anyway. :laugh:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Bubba1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:35 am
PeteC wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm Remember Wednesday May 1 is a holiday, all closed.
Incorrect as immigration is open today May 1st
A big TIT. A listed National Holiday that apparently isn't for some. Sorry for any confusion. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Last year when I was visiting the UK, I asked the woman who does the initial vetting at the Cha Am office whether there was a need to report to immigration when I return and she confirmed no, but that it remained my responsibility to do the 90 day report in due time - which I did online without a problem. To me that infers that when you go through immigration at Bangkok, it must all be linked with the local system?
buksida

Post by buksida »

The 24-hour reporting after arrival and 90-day confirmation of address reporting are two different things. The stamps in and out are in the immigration database, but the address confirmation doesn't appear to be (hence the pieces of paper stapled into your passport ... which no other country I've been to does).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:45 am To me that infers that when you go through immigration at Bangkok, it must all be linked with the local system?
We are talking Thai IT, and there is always a SOMETIMES clause in there somewhere. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just read the last few posts, and it all makes sense when you apply the SOMETIMES clause,
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:49 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:45 am To me that infers that when you go through immigration at Bangkok, it must all be linked with the local system?
We are talking Thai IT, and there is always a SOMETIMES clause in there somewhere. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just read the last few posts, and it all makes sense when you apply the SOMETIMES clause,
Of course I understand that, I was just mentioning that it worked for me last year - maybe this year it won’t, but I’ll let you all know in due course.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:49 am The 24-hour reporting after arrival and 90-day confirmation of address reporting are two different things. The stamps in and out are in the immigration database, but the address confirmation doesn't appear to be (hence the piece of paper stapled into your passport ... which no other country I've been to does).
Yes I understand that they’re different, I was just mentioning exactly what I had been advised - no need to report within 24 hours but don’t forget to do your 90 day report in due time.