Hotel near Suvarnabhumi

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Big Boy

Re: Hotel near Suvarnabhumi

Post by Big Boy »

I've travelled with my son when he's travelled to the area with some of his students for events at the local Uni. Because they are Thai, they've been booked into the 600 to 800฿/night places. They are OK, but not really very nice. I could name a few, but wouldn't actually recommend them.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Im currently in Plai and Herbs awaiting my outbound flight. Nowt special but a snip at 650 bahtski.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/plai-a ... type=total&
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
buksida

Post by buksida »

No response from BS Residence so Plai and Herbs looks the go at a third of the price and closer to the airport, cheers all.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:17 am No response from BS Residence
How very Thai :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
buksida

Post by buksida »

Kind of expected, Thai businesses don't do email and their websites are usually non-functional 90s editions - you have to do it all on social media. :roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
404cameljockey
Legend
Legend

Post by 404cameljockey »

Hello Buks,

I have no recommendations as I often can't sleep in places that cheap!

The places very near Suva are either very cheap or expensive. Last time I stayed in The Quarter Onnut hotel off Soi 58. Far enough from the centre to be able to travel to the airport without the road madness but still a fair distance from the airport (20 minutes in the wee hours, longer by day). 1600 Baht a night for a very good hotel. The prices are good for decent hotels in that area, not near airport and not near Soi 11, Soi 13 etc.