Football (not Premier League)

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: Football (not Premier League)

Post by Big Boy »

It is Plymouth Argyle FC - they don't have much money. By far the lowest wage bill in the Championship,
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I would guess that unlike the players, Rooney will be nearer the top of the manager’s salary table than the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Leeds/Southampton in about 5 hours. I think it could be a big score for Leeds. Regardless, the last place in next season's Premier League about to be filled. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:49 pm I would guess that unlike the players, Rooney will be nearer the top of the manager’s salary table than the bottom.

It that's true, they have to be completely bonkers insane! You hire a person on his current ability and record, not on what he ONCE WAS in a completely different role. I'm starting to think Plymouth's head office is not as astute as BB indicates. :banghead: (hoping to change to) :thumb:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

If they based it on his current/past record they shouldn’t have entertained him full stop. I did look to try and find what salary he’s on but couldn’t find anything, but would be surprised if it’s like the Plymouth players!!

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Maybe he'll be a playing manager? :shock:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Looking at his photos I don’t think he’d be much quicker than me - certainly looks to have put a fair bit of weight on!!

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, Zlatan he is not. :cheers:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

PeteC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:46 pm Leeds/Southampton in about 5 hours. I think it could be a big score for Leeds. Regardless, the last place in next season's Premier League about to be filled. :cheers:
Yup. Stitched up at the restaurant this morning serving breakfast. A load of the Leeds lot decided to walk in for grub. Run off my feet hosting close to pissing 400 guests. Hope they lose. :laugh:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Saints take the lead.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

9 minutes of added time. Can Leeds find an equaliser in the most lucrative tie in world football.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

All over. I'm happy.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

"Ian Woodcock
BBC Sport at Wembley

Saints' promotion means that all three play-off finals this year were won by the team who had finished lower in the league table, with the team who had finished higher failing to score in all three." Interesting statistic.

As for my above prediction, the correct way forward is simply not to listen to anything I say! :laugh: :thumb:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

PeteC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:56 pm
As for my above prediction, the correct way forward is simply not to listen to anything I say! :laugh: :thumb:
Join the club, Pete. If memory serves me, I believe I used two 'easy's' in my prediction of a City riot against United. :thumb:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Oh, being in the UK (and Europe) I get pi$$ed off with the continual strikes - Rail, Airports, NHS, Teachers, Transport, Immigration, you name it!! NHS nurses and "Juniors" have a great point, but the Doctors earning 6 figures and earning privately whilst on strike (don't get me on to "Train Drivers")..... I have great sympathy for many, but feck all but hatred for many others.

This though takes the fecking proverbial biscuit... :banghead: :cuss: :tosser:

FIFA Warned Players Could Go On Strike

Football's world governing body Fifa has been warned players are willing to go on strike if they continue to be overworked. :violin:

""Some of them said: 'I’m not having it, we may as well strike.' Some said: 'what’s the point? Yes I’m a millionaire but I don’t even have time to spend the money'." :banghead: Fuck-Knuckle :tsk:

More BS @ https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... jjmn7ex4vo

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.