The Last Executioner

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks for the clarification, GP.
That's dreadful.
poisoner

Post by poisoner »

Randy Cornhole wrote:The Gun was sighted by one officer and fired by another. It fired several rounds at once (up to 15 I believe)
The best tale was the woman who was executed, and after 12 rounds were fired into her heart, was prenounced dead and carried to the next room. 1 min later a groan was heard and on looking she was trying to get up off the table!!! Turns out her heart was on the right hand side of her body and not the left like the rest of us!!! Freaky eh.... :shock:
Crikey!
[b][url=http://www.bangkokmafia.com][color=red]Bangkok Mafia[/color][/url][/b]
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Poisoner, I've just had a look at my response to your original posting and have to confess to a large portion of :oops: :oops: . It was Hyde wot wrote it, honest. I think sang som might have accounted for rather more than grumpiness. Thanks for your exceedingly fair response!

I've also had another look at the link, and it's (still) not a book I'd go out of my way to get hold of, but having said that I'd never (normally, ahem) have a go at anyone for discussing any sort of book; I enjoy reading, and reasonably priced books are hard to come by here.

If anybody in this area has a large selection sitting around on shelves, there's a thread somewhere around (can't remember which section, sorry, but it was Dawn's idea) in which the subject of a local book exchange is mentioned.
This is the way
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

apology

Post by redzonerocker »

fair play to you d-m, thats a fair & decent apology. :thumb:
sometimes takes a bigger man to make such a gesture.
i did chuckle at your original post though, thinking it was a little overboard.poisoners reponse was pure class too! :thumb:
not my choice of reading material either but not quite bad enough for me to put my head down the pan :D
alls well that ends well :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
poisoner

Post by poisoner »

dtaai-maai wrote:Poisoner, I've just had a look at my response to your original posting and have to confess to a large portion of :oops: :oops: . It was Hyde wot wrote it, honest. I think sang som might have accounted for rather more than grumpiness. Thanks for your exceedingly fair response!
Very nice of you!

I wasn't offended - just wanted see what other people's opinion of this would be & expected a mixed bag (which I got).

Hopefully back in HH in November & really looking forward to it....
[b][url=http://www.bangkokmafia.com][color=red]Bangkok Mafia[/color][/url][/b]
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

This is interesting....In England till the turn of the 1900s there was a tradition in place that if a hangmans rope broke three times the prisoner was pardoned as God did not intend the man to die.

France had a similar policy with the guillotine jamming....

At the end of the day executions are murders on behalf of the state, and serve no purpose other than to exact visible and state sanctioned revenge, and save money on holding a prisoner for a full life sentence.

China and America, two of the worlds biggest executioners are both also the states with high crime rates......seems that the "deterrent" argument doesnt work....
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

execution

Post by redzonerocker »

sandman67 wrote:
At the end of the day executions are murders on behalf of the state, and serve no purpose other than to exact visible and state sanctioned revenge, and save money on holding a prisoner for a full life sentence.
so, are you saying that the families of the victims are satisfied that the murderer gets a life sentence & is back on the streets again after about 7 years?? :shock:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.