National park prices dropped

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
nightstalker
Banned
Banned

National park prices dropped

Post by nightstalker »

todays bkkpost, about time they did something for us, what next free visas.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

The National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department has cut the entrance fees for foreigners to national parks countrywide in a bid to lure more overseas tourists. The reduction came after the department received a number of complaints from foreign visitors that the fees are too high, compared with the poor facilities for tourists at the parks.

Effective from Dec 1, entrance fees for adult foreigners have been cut from 400 to 200 baht for the most popular parks, and by 75% for the less popular ones, according to the department.
"Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place."
Billy Crystal (1947 - )

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
Mahatma Gandhi
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

That's an interesting slant on things, bearing in mind the news thread I started at the end of last month when the new fees and National Park categories were unveiled.
nightstalker, I've moved this post to news so it fits in with the original theme.
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

Would be interesting to hear of the new charges for local parks - Sam Roi Yot, Pala U etc. Anyone been in the last few days?

Now let's see how many tour companies reduce their entrance-fee-inclusive prices :o
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I think this is just The BKK Post putting some spin on the new pricing structure that was announced at the end of last month. Here's the full article:
http://www.bangkokpost.net/topstories/t ... ?id=124283
I can't see any changes to this thread:
http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/ne ... t7823.html