School or daycare for toddlers

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

School or daycare for toddlers

Post by Takiap »

I know this has been asked before but I can't seem to find the thread so if someone could give advice, it would be great. My other half has recently taken up full time employment (six days a week) so we are needing to get out little girl into daycare/school. She is two and a half so apart from everything else, we feel it would be good for her to mix with other kids. If anyone can suggest a good place for her I would really appreciate it as we have looked at a couple but they left a bit to be desired....lol
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

There is a place near Hin nam Sai Suay, Patana rings a bell, i have friends who sent their kids there and they seemed happy.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thats the one, Prattana nursery - its not great (they let the kids sleep most of the day) but its about the best there is in Hua Hin.

Contact details here:
www.expathuahin.com/schools-huahin.php

Somtawin and Yamsaard also have kindergartens for over 3 year olds but they're not cheap and they probably also let them sleep all day!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Thanks guys. The one you mention is also very close to us so would be very convenient and from what I have read, its quite professional which is of course a good thing. Pity they don't teach any English but we may have to accept that until the little one gets a bit older. At the moment both the wife and I talk English to her and she seems to be coping just fine learning both English and Thai in daily life. She even talks a little bit of Isaan when the grandparents visit. I think if English is the spoken language at home then most kids will pick up both. I could speak both English and Afrikaans by the time I went to school at age 5 simply because all my friends spoke Afrikaans.

I known Dawn once posted on here as well in connection to a pre-school. She had only good things to say but I'm sure which one it was.

Anyway, thanks again guys
Shane
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: School or daycare for toddlers

Post by Nereus »

Takiap wrote:I know this has been asked before but I can't seem to find the thread so if someone could give advice, it would be great. My other half has recently taken up full time employment (six days a week) so we are needing to get out little girl into daycare/school. She is two and a half so apart from everything else, we feel it would be good for her to mix with other kids. If anyone can suggest a good place for her I would really appreciate it as we have looked at a couple but they left a bit to be desired....lol
Shane, I have sent you a pm---hope that you don`t mind. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
buksida

Re: School or daycare for toddlers

Post by buksida »

Nereus wrote: Shane, I have sent you a pm---hope that you don`t mind. :cheers:
Any valuable info please share with us all - would also like to know about good alternatives for schooling.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson