24 Hour Reporting

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
PET
Legend
Legend

24 Hour Reporting

Post by PET »

In the current edition of the Observer it says under Hua Hin Online Community that '' the 24 hour reporting seems to have faded away ''

Does this mean that Hua Hin Immigration no longer charge Bht800 for not reporting within 24 hours of returning to the country or does it mean that HHAD are not discussing the subject anymore. The statement is rather confusing.
PET
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I don't see any reason not to discuss the topic, but I'm not sure how HH is now treating the situation.
In my opinion, they were always wrong. That's maybe why there was a bit of a shake-up there.
Still, we have to answer to them and are very unlikely to be anything more than "aliens".
It wouldn't surprise me if the fines have faded away, but we need more recent information from people who have been there. And BTW, I believe the fine could have been as high as 2,000 Baht.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The writeup in the Observer is a basic summary of what popular topics are on here - just because its in print doesn't make it any more or less accurate than the info on this forum.

The last three people I asked that have been out did not get fined for failure to report on their return.

Immigration however can and do change their mind like the weather.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson