SMTP Error just started

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

SMTP Error just started

Post by JimmyGreaves »

I use my own domain via outlook and all of a sudden (Started yesterday) ioutlook is reporting that it cannot find the smtp server so I cannot sent mail via my domain. Receiving fine.

Any ideas. TOT have not blocked me have they?
buksida

Post by buksida »

They've probably just changed the damn server again without telling anyone, try this:

smtp-adsl.totonline.net

There are more alternatives here if that doesnt work:

http://www.expathuahin.com/internet-huahin.php
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Cheers for that Buksida

That worked they have now left my outbox and are appearing in my sent items. However I did a few tests sending mail to myself and they still have not arrived over 45 minutes ago. Bloody typical! I'm gonna try a couple of the other servers you mentioned.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yes, the Thai providers are notoriously bad for delaying email. There have been problems all week with old pages showing and refreshing indicating that their server cache is up the creek again.

Time to start up the smoke signals and re-train the carrier pigeon.

:banghead:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Everything seems ok now using smtp-adsl.totonline.net.

However mail to the hotmail domain does not seem to be getting to the destinations. Anyone else experiencing this?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hotmail have always been bad for blocking genuine emails, I've been experiencing this for years, they're one of the least reliable providers out there.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Buksi

It's a bit strange that hotmail block from the tot smtp server but when tot was letting my own mail server send emails I was having no problems to the hotmail domain. Are TOT now insisting you use there mail servers as it's been 3 weeks now and my own smtp servers are being blocked on their adsl line.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thai providers (TOT, TT&T, CAT, JI-Net, Hutch etc) have been forcing people on low end ADSL packages use their SMTP server to send email for at least a year now.

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/in ... t2614.html

The only ways around it is to use a corporate package or use the webmail interface.

Another possibility is that Hotmail maybe blocking certain Thai server IP addresses which is why so many people here have problems with them.