Thai Dog Insurance

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
NuggetTNQ

Thai Dog Insurance

Post by NuggetTNQ »

In my local newspaper today here in Australia under the 'Weird or What" section

"Thai dogs are now eligible for life insurance,under a new policy that offers payouts to owners if their pets die. About 2000 dogs have already been granted life insurance policies since the program began last year, verterinarian Sombat Pipattananatha said. Locally bred dogs can receive coverage worth up to 10,000 Baht, while foreign pedigrees can get up to 500,000 Baht, he said"

500,000 baht for a dog :shock: WTF :o
You know "That Look" women get when they want sex? ..... Me Either" - Steve Martin
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Not normally a pessimist but how long before someone realises that you can kill a dog and make a profit ?

My comment may be way off as I do not know the terms of the policies and am currently being driven mad by the smell of lamb curry and roti being cooked at expatkats house .

Hurry up girls I am starving :cuss:

Crazy88

:wink:
NuggetTNQ

Post by NuggetTNQ »

No Crazy88 you spot on that's what i was thinking. Especially getting 500,000 baht bound to happen
You know "That Look" women get when they want sex? ..... Me Either" - Steve Martin