renewing thai driving licence

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

renewing thai driving licence

Post by bozzman101 »

hi guys whats the procediure ???????

do you just bring old licence is this proof of resediance??

or do you have to do the old rigmarole of getting proof of adress all over again ???wondering :roll: :roll:
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
Chas
Banned
Banned

see thead on this

Post by Chas »

Bozzman, there is a thread right next to this one with my experiences just yesterday. Check it out.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I may be being thick but I did not find out how to RENEW a Thai driving license in the previous topic replies.
Chas was into it but it all seemed to be about where to go and find some friendly high ranking police to go with one.
Therefore can sombody spell out exactly what documentation is required.
I live in Hua Hin and my existing 1 year license was issued in Pranburi.
Thanks PET
Chas
Banned
Banned

Info is there

Post by Chas »

PET, not only do my posts spell out exactly what I took with me to renew my license, Buksi has a link to a site there in the beginning of the thread that also lists what is needed and some of the other posts tell what people brought with them when they did it at Pranburi, plus location and fees etc.
Ellinas2008
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Info is there

Post by Ellinas2008 »

One more thing. You cannot renew a driver's license unless it has expired already. I know it sounds strange. If you try to renew it before the expiration date, they will ask you to come back once it has expired. This is what the government offices in Bangkok do. Once renewed, it should be valid for 5 years as opposed to 1 one year when first issued.