Thai-Thai relationships

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Thai-Thai relationships

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

Recently I treated my Thai staff to a night of fun and severe boozing. Like most of us, after several pints we tend to open up, and maybe confess a few things that wouldn't do sober. One of my top employees looked a bit mai sabai and I could see her tears beginning to well up, while everyone else was dancing and being crazy. I asked my gf to find out what was making her feel so sad. After 30 minutes I got the debriefing. Apparently her Thai husband isnt satisfied with 1 incredibly beautiful wife and now has other girlfriend on the side. The husband believes that after a wife reaches 30, she should concentrate on being a good mother and taking care of the home, and it is in his right to seek sexual pleasure from someone else. Now the real sad part....he is moving the girlfriend into the same home he shares with his wife and daughter (5 yrs old). She will not be allowed to sleep in the bed they shared for 10 years, but will need to share a small bed with their daughter. He has threatened her life if she leaves, and is not allowed to look unhappy or speak in anger about this situation. She is expected to continue keeping the home clean, and care for their daughter.This lady had been a top employee and friend of mine for quite some time, and I would love to see her get out of this mess, but i also know he is well conntected with the mafia/police, so other than this post, I'm staying out of it. As always I welcome your advice and comments on this particular situation, or Thai-Thai relationships in general...thanks
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've read many times that Thai ladies had their own unique way of dealing with such matters. Surely she should be considering feeding the ducks.

Its obvious the offending article is of no further use to her.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

BB, I agree, the ducks need fed too. Time for a fresh start for her and her daughter..life is short.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

CC

That is the reality for a lot of Thai women. Meny Thai men have Mea Noi's. If she leaves the relationship she will never get another Thai husband. Thai men would consider her as used goods. If she leaves she will only find a life if she finds a Farang husband. Where would she have to go to find a Farang!!!! What is worse staying in the present situation or going to work at nights.

I do not say it is right or agree with it but that is the reality.
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

PJG....read BB's reply...these issues get settled while we are drooling into our pillows at night... :guns:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

This is all very asian and agree with BB that they have their own unique ways of sorting it out or the path will be shown to her by an older Thai women.

Hear it a lot here but it's still breath taking when you come across it.

Suppose the "massage parlours" of the soapy type are not enough for the powerfully insane.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol