Housing insulation

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

We used the spray foam to insulate the roof of our 3 storey house in BKK. It made a big difference as the top floor was distinctly cooler after the treatment. It also has the added benefit or water proofing and making it harder for thieves to lift the roof tiles to gain access.

We used the company that advertises in the Bangkok Post.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

used the spray on Victorian slates in London. Came with a 10 year guarantee that the slates would not fall off - and they were very large pricy slates.

Upstairs, it made the winters warmer and the summers cooler. Besides making the place nicer to live, it also reduced electricity costs.

Given the heat here in Thailand, and the amount of air con that must be lost through the roof space (double brick is good for the walls), then i could see that it would be a good thing to do. Could cut bills, and make the whole house more comfortable.

The whole issue of insulation (and solar energy) does seem to be surprising by its absence here. Would have thought they wouldnt need to build new power stations if they sorted it out.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

I sent them an e.mail but they didnt get back to me , may be they dont do Phetchaburi.