Quality of material

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

tesco

Post by lindosfan1 »

I have to agree with Bigboy I had a DVD player that wwent wrong after 3 weeks and the completely replaced it no problem very helpful. However I have found the service in Homepro to be abysmal badly trained staff with no knowledge of their stock.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

If anyone needs industrial quality power-tools they should go to a large market up in Issan
Do you know where in Issan?

I have found the joiners in HH to be very skilled and and produce beautiful woodwork. I do laugh at the mai bpen rai attitude. My Gf just laughs when something piles up..." kapoot"..she laughs and carries on with her day. I dont think the new washing machine (18, 000) will see Christmas... :|

My Mongoose mountain bike must be a copy...i have replaced the bottom bracket bearing 4 times in 8 months. The shop says, " you should not ride on dusty roads"...I say" but its mountain bike"...She says" yes, but please stay on paved road".

Anyone interested in buying a power drill that only works in reverse?

guess all you can do is laugh....
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

no problem with Tescos. allowed us to exchange ghetto blaster for a different model after i heard a low 'click' on the dvd at low volumes. very easy. very quick.

also tried out microphones on there equipment.

as for index and kettles.....
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

One brand to avoid is House Worth....its a Thai brand of white goods. So far 2 microwaves and 2 kettles in 1 year.

I do try to get Mrs S to buy better stuff but her Thai thriftyness kicks in......

If you are looking for good industrial quality tools then there is a furniture shop cum hope building place out on the canal road on the right as you head out to Cha Am way.....theres no sign unfortunately....a load of green storm netting outside to shade the carpark.

Go through to the back and its heavy duty powertool heaven, and a sod of a lot cheaper than HomePro and its shop assistant dummies....... how good the kit is I dont know, but my crappy cheap drill still works after 9 months....
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Cowtown Comedy wrote:
If anyone needs industrial quality power-tools they should go to a large market up in Issan
Do you know where in Issan?
I've seen these stalls at most markets in larger towns, but the nearest to me is at Nang Rong on a Sunday afternoon.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

There are many pitfalls as mentioned, so I'll throw in my 2 Bahts worth.

Built a shower room at the in-laws house for them and when we stay. Nice new Panasonic power shower, I don't like cold showers.

However, after connecting it up, found out the water pressure was not enough and the sudden cuts of water supply just ended up burning the filament out.

Then had to go and buy a water pump, new shower and a big 1000 litre plastic water storage tank, just so we could have a hot shower.

OK, maybe should have guessed this would happen, but sometimes it's a bit crazy when you have buy things twice before it works or second guess what the service planners and providers have been deciding is enough for that area.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
miked
Professional
Professional

Quality of material

Post by miked »

i think with tesco lotus it must vary between stores, probably down to the manager. in samut songkhram the staff don't give a toss. only been to homepro once and they followed me around so i walked out. found makro to be o.k.
miked
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

lindosfan1 wrote

"However I have found the service in Homepro to be abysmal badly trained staff with no knowledge of their stock."

They actually had stock !!!

You went on a good day .

:cuss:

Crazy 88