All In A Days Work

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

All In A Days Work

Post by E-Dork »

Beep...Beeep...Beeeeep

That is the sound that wakes me up in the mornings.

I shall go downstairs and make meself a cup of tea and a bowl of cornflakes and take it to me table on the balcony. With the sea breeze blowing though me hair.... ( I wish ) With the sea breeze passing over the fat, bald guys head, I think about the day ahead.

I will go and sit on the beach for the later part of the morning, do the crossword and, more often than not, have an hours kip on me lounger.

As it hits 1 am I'll retreat to me local and have a few bottles and people watch, along with some sun dried beef for snack and a good read of a book.

Catch the baht bus back to me house and take dog for a walk along the beach ( take her for a walk means let her off leash while I sit down and have a bottle ). Once she's run herself into the ground we head off back.

Evening hits and the missus is busy putting on her 'evening face' whilst I'm continuing my read of me good book. ( After many years I know my wife can have this done in no more than 35 minutes, which has more than halved over the years, any longer and I'll be on me high horse )

Off we toddle to one of the MANY restaurants we always enjoy, sometimes european, sometimes Thai, either way we always seem to have a nice evening with good food and surroundings.

Back home late evening for a bit of marital activity later on.

This is my routine, as simple as it may be I could never dream of this sort of luxery back home in old Blighty.

Would be nice to hear of other happy guys and girls out there and your usual day that makes ya happy.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
If it's within arms reach, there's nothing to worry about!!
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

My eyes open slowly....focus in on a big pair of brown eyes and a cheshire cat smile......ah...Mrs S.

"Get out of bed stinky crocodile poo and get shower. I make coffee for you."

I kiss her and she leaves....

5 minutes later.....

"I said get out of bed you lazy buffalo farang chang! You big stinky crocodile elephant poo farang now get in shower".... she shoves me into a warm shower.

As I emerge washed and wakened she is buzzing round the house singing and cleaning. I wobble to my desk, open the laptop, read some emails, send some back...coffee and a cigarette.......days work done.

Read the newspapers online, surf the BBC, flip through posts on HHAD.....

Retreat to lounger with cafe yin, cigarettes, and book.......now then Crassus me owd mate....where were we....ah yes...Parthia....that was a bugger up wasnt it then?......

Mrs S comes home and starts cooking.... Lab Gai, deep fried pepper beef, sticky rice, sauces, vegetables.......eat on a mat on the floor.....water....lovely. Taste sensation as usual.

Mrs S gets in shower and begins getting ready. I wash up, have a coffee, smoke, shower, shave, dress......ah shes still putting on makeup.....coffee time.

Into town for the usual chaos. Mrs S runs bar, Mr S watches world go by.

wander up the road to the old boys club. Chicago Mike is in with some of the others. Talk about cabbages and kings. B52s anyone? Blue Margs? drink, talk, listen to good music.....laugh at football/cry at football.....

wobble home with Mrs S. Bed and fun. Sleep.......its a hard life......

Another day in paradise :cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Thanks Sandman

Glad too see others are taking advantage of the 'Easy Life'. Keep 'em coming.
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Oh, forgot to mention..... I rent.... maybe that's part of the equation for an easy life. :thumb:
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

me too.....funny that isnt it? :cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Second Life

Post by MrPlum »

Wake up to the sound of birdsong... head for the shower but never make it, instead, find myself in the study groping for the router and laptop on/off switch. Chastise myself and determine that in future I'll get the ablutions over and done with first.

Head for the shower again while the laptop boots up and toss a yoga mat on the floor ready for morning exercise. I whistle and yodel in the shower each morning knowing that I'm about to enter a digital world of fantasy, escapism, junk mail, egos and shedloads of interesting information.

I stretch out on the yoga mat in order to prepare for the rigours of the day. A slip-of-a-7 year old straddles me, holding a large cuddly frog and beats me over the head with it as I'm in the 'gas-expeller' position. She slips out the door quickly, when she realizes I've popped a disc, singing 'O Macdorald ha a farm' and heads off for school.

Quick check of mail, the markets, BBC news, sport and forum posts. A deep breathe and drop of the shoulders and I'm settling into typing mode. No such luck. G/f drags me off my stool and places breakfast in front of me outside in the fresh air. It's delicious as always and I tuck in, contentedly, gazing approvingly at the greenery, exotic flowers and a smile that should be preserved in agate. I know I'm dreaming and will wake up at any moment and return to the hell-hole commonly known as blighty.

With that thought in mind I forget myself for a moment and wander into the kitchen to drop the dishes into the sink. A sharp crack on my wrist and a stern look tells me I've transgressed. "Man not do'. she firmly admonishes. 'Ok. Ok. Just trying to help'.

I had not learned my lesson.

'Mmm... I fancy a mango shake', I say reaching for a plump one that dropped off the tree that very morning. Another slap and 'I do' sees me driven out of the kitchen. 'Where were you 25 years ago' I reflected with a hint of regret.

My Thai neighbour who looks like a former Muay Thai fighter who never lost, greets me cordially. Had it been the U.K. it might have been a 'what you ferkin' lookin' at' as two staffordshire bull terriers rip the slats off his front gate trying to get to me.

I spend a not dissimilar hour jousting with an online terrier who, smelling fresh meat, decides to test my defences. I savage his ankles, then throw him a bone, allowing an honourable retreat, deep down knowing that he won't be satisfied and is just waiting for a chink in my armour. Sigh... through such encounters are lifelong enemies created.

My g/f hauls me off the stool again for lunch and we play draughts while I eat. She whips me easily, much to my disgust. Harmony is restored, as we switch to chess, a game she is quickly mastering. When she does, I don't think much of my chances.

I pause before heading back to my avatar life and look at her in momentary wonder. I had expected to fall out of love within a year or two as I had done with many a maiden past. Here I am in Paradise and no sign of any diminution.

None at all.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

A1 to the above.

Life's real victories. If you manage it like described above, then hats off to you mate. Keep on going. :cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Living well is the best revenge

don't know who said it but he was right!
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

a day in the life

Post by lindosfan1 »

I lie there getting the full blast of the air conditioning wondering when my slave wil awaken.
Aah movement I give him a slobbery wet kiss and jump about in anticipation.
This is where I wait patiently will it be the beach or woods this morning
My slave has got the car keys whoopee the beach, this is the best bit of the day A long walk down a deserted beach in and out of the water sometimes my slave comes in with me.After about an hour on the beach other humans start to arrive so we head of home.
Once home I have a shower to get the sand out of my hair and I have my breakfast.
Rest of the day is spent resting or playing depending on my mood. I am lucky I have a big garden to play in.
Sometimes we all go out in the evening met some nice people like BB.
Life isnt all play I have to guard the hpuse or protect the humans,
Its a good life being a 7 month old Retriever
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I'll know in about 3 years!!!

But all posts sound great, can't wait (as he says typing this at the office)
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Im in England!!!!! :cuss: :banghead:

(For 2 more weeks anyway)
norm
Professional
Professional

Post by norm »

Usually get up in time to watch the sunrise over the beach and the lights of the fishing boats. Get a cup of coffee and check my emails. Listen to the rooster crowing down the road a ways, other than that it is very quiet and enjoy hearing the waves coming in.

It is going to be a tough day. Have to drive into HH and do some banking. Driving in HH is getting to be a pain in the butt so do most of our stuff in Cha Am where traffic is not a problem yet.

Will procrastinate until after lunch to go to HH. Will take a walk on the beach when the tide is out that will be about 10AM today, usually walk north for about 1 hour and then back. Just in time for lunch. While I walk the wife is either in the pool doing laps or in the bedroom with the air on and doing her yoga, tai bo or whatever else she does to stay trim. She looks good, me, I need to loose about ten kilos, ok ok maybe 15.

The cat is crying so I have to go feed her. It's just work, work, work.

Should go into the market today for some fresh stuff, veggies, meat etc. But going to the Cha Am market on the same day we go to HH is pushing it. A guy needs to relax once in a while. The housekeeper always brings fresh fruit and fixes lunch most every day. The wife has it tough also, she is so busy she only manages to read about 6 books a week.

Next month I'm going to get serious about loosing some weight. What do you mean that is only a couple of days off. Make that next week. That is at least a week off and sounds more dedicated than next month.

Come to think of it, I think I will finish this post next week and tell you about after lunch then. :cheers: :D
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Life is hard and then you die!
So sorry to hear you're in a bad patch, norm! :(