Thai Passport for Baby

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Thai Passport for Baby

Post by fft100 »

Ok, we have the UK passport for our 5 1/2 month year old. Easy. forms off the net, no need to take the baby.

So, how and where do we go to get a Thai passport ?

I understand we need mine and the missus passports / id cards, a couple of pictures, birth certificate, Tabien Bann and the form.

Do we need to take the baby ? And does anyone have a link to a thai website to download the form, and confirm what i think we need.

Thanks
buksida

Post by buksida »

Getting a Thai passport is one of the easiest and hassle free things to do you'll be pleased to hear.

You should be in and out in less than an hour, details here:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/474.php

All three of you need to go as you both need to sign the forms and the nipper needs to be photographed. Central Pinklao is closest from here.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Your babe will have to be finger printed

:mrgreen:

My two lads had superb black blobs on their first passports

:roll:
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

thanks for that ! So quick and so what i was looking for. Can park in centrals which makes it nice and easy.

The site says certified copies required. Does that mean a quick trip to p+a in the shopping mall ?
buksida

Post by buksida »

We didn't need anything notorised as all the documents are the original Thai ones.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Im flying to Bangkok today, Taxi down to Hua Hin.

Could someone give a list (an Idiots guide) of what I need to take to take to the British Embassy to get a British Passport for my little'un.

His Mothers Thai, all we've got upto now is his Thai birth certificate.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Form C2 from the embassy website details everything you need. But you do need to have a certified translation of your birth certificate. If you are not married, then, and this is not obvious from the form, your girlfriend needs to sign the form - not you.
http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servle ... 5714376627

application forms and notes :-

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servle ... 5721632030

The most difficult bit is to get someone who has known you for 2 years to vouch for you, and sign 'i certify that this is a true likeness of ...' on the back of a very small photo. They have to give there name, address, tel no on the form etc, and be a member of a 'reputable' organisation or job. Police, bank officer (!), judge, magisttrate, engineer etc. Would be easier to do that back in the UK if you are fresh off the boat over here.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Cheers.
fft100 wrote: a member of a 'reputable' organisation or job. Police
Something just doesnt sound right here. :thumb:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Buksida, anyone?

Can someone give me a list just so I dont miss the glaringly obvious.

:cheers:
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Can someone give me a list just so I dont miss the glaringly obvious
Don't forget the baby... :shock:
Last edited by Randy Cornhole on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.35mmview.com
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Hi Baa Baa,

I thought I had everything but forgot my birth cert, original was needed. Didn't need to be translated though.
As fft100 said the signature by 'professioanal is tricky, we used a solicitor who knew us about a week but was happy to know us years for a small fee. This would have been a piece of cake for you in the UK, you must know stack of police, solicitors, judges, court officials, bailiffs and the like being an M. Mouser :wink:

This is from British Embassy, looks like the documents required are different from born in Thailand to outside Thailand.

Goodus luckus,

SJ