HH Diving

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

pm on way
HughHO
Amateur
Amateur

DM Training

Post by HughHO »

Thanks for the offer on DM but for me personally I'm not interested in taking a PADI Divemsaster Course although it might be great for others. I just want to go diving and would like to see a nice group who shares the costs. I've been in a few clubs over the years and found them to be a great source of fun. I have always been very concerned that is was viewed as a profit center for a few but I guess tht is part of the program. If people want to expand their diving horizons via PADI training, great stuff. I feel very comfortable with my skill/training level but am totally supportive of others taking classses to get more fun out of a great recreation. Charge on there Crazy 88 and mabey you can get bukkie back on line as a DM. I'd publish the e-mail to Jenny Harper at PADI Asia Pacific so as to get you the exact info you both need but my lowly status prevents that info from being posted!
buksida

Post by buksida »

You'll be able to post links when your post count reaches 10.

It would be nice if there were any other divers who could post here so we could gauge interest. Also anyone interested in learning.

I've tried to arrange trips before but they fall through due to lack of interest, I'm all on for meeting up even is its just a few of us that go diving but to be honest I think Hua Hin is the wrong place, its more of a retiree/golfers town.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Underwater golf?Image
HughHO
Amateur
Amateur

Probably Right

Post by HughHO »

However, in the 6 or so visits I've made I have noticed a few dive shirts and always inquired. Just last week there was one gent on a motorbike at the ATM near the Family mart across from the Hilton that drives to Krabi about once a month. I noted a good number of able bodied folks who may like a little adventure. I suppose I have sparked this interested a bit early as I won't be on hand to contribute for a while yet to come. However I'm sure things will grow. Remember, if every diver finds a frfiend who would like to go and that happens twice a year it can go from 10 to 40 in a year!

Folks need to know that some of the most odd out of the way places produce alot of diving because it is something nice to do that involves travel and wholesome activities. Baraboo Wisconson was a place of many divers. The state of Colorado is diver intensive and where do they go.... travel Alothough I've never been there Stony Cove in the U.K. is rather a nasty spot to submerge but PADI does their I.E.'s there and scuba is still well along there! All this being mentioned there is always one thing sits as the underground, Good Scuba Instruction. Regrowing your market. Making friends into divers is alot easier than finding divers. Granted that a good PADI dive center will always make things move ahead but what the hay... some good Instructors and Divemasters is the start in the right direction. In the begining sellig dive gear as a side line will work for some. Remember, if you want a friend to dive make sure they have professionally fitted personel items such as mask, fins, boots and a good snkl! Thailand is one of the hottest spots for diving and Hua Hin can get a little slice of that action, if somebody tries.

See Ya Underwater!

BTW, I think that pic is in a large Aquarium.... Although the suit has asian markings and Asian people are noptorious for have shite fins, as is depicted!
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Diver new to Hua Hin

Post by Green Nomad »

Hello Everyone,
I am newly registered to this forum but have been reading several posts with interest, my wife and I are having a house built near HH and are very new to the area.
Have dived in several locations around the gulf area and Phuket, and have a contact in the business in Phuket. Will be very much interested in meeting fellow bubblers when next in Thailand, October. 8)
HughHO
Amateur
Amateur

More Divers

Post by HughHO »

Wow, divers are surfacing (pun intended)! Now lets remember that for every diver we need to have another join our passion for the underwater world. Hua Hin Cha Am Divers United.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

HughHO wrote:
BTW, I think that pic is in a large Aquarium.... Although the suit has asian markings and Asian people are noptorious for have shite fins, as is depicted!
HughHO, I’ve never done much diving but I’ve spent enough time on the internet to know you can find a picture of anything! That came from a google search for “underwater golf” and as you correctly spotted; it’s in an aquarium in Asia:http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.htm ... page_id=34
HughHO
Amateur
Amateur

YO Stevarino......

Post by HughHO »

Thanks. Easy to spot as the place was too clean and manacured and the light didn't look right, no shadows. As this thread moves along and when my dive bag gets to HH mabey, just mabey. someone will note that I've got a little bottom about the planet. One of my extra fun things to do with scbua hobbies is to get to dive in big Aquariums. After I get to HH and when the dive club is swaping stories at what ever pub is decided to call the clubs home I'll let lose with some good ones about the various Aquariums that I've enjoyed. I will tickle the tribe of bubble blowers now in saying that going into the Montery Bay Aquarium before the facility was open to the public was cool but far and above all of the many oversized fish tanks I've plunged into the best is Steinhart Aqua in San Francisco. It's a round about tank where all the fish just just go with the current, except for the sharks, that is, as they swim agains the flow. One of the things reall cool about Aquarium Diving is having all the people outside viewing go nuts. Pop out your altnernate air point the mouth piece their way while pushing the purge button and becon them in with your other hand. I also like to dive where they have the various tourist Submarine dives and do the same thing, a little more dramatic for the viewers when your at 30m. Getting on to a sub dive (like the world wide Atalantis group) site is usually easy because there is always a wreck or someting out tghere and the local dive operators feature a dive seeing the sub in action. Getting into Aquariums if a little more trickey, but lots of fun.
HughHO
Amateur
Amateur

Info for Burksie and CrazBadSipBad

Post by HughHO »

Gents, for the both of you wishing to return to active member status with PADI have a check with jenny.harper@padi.com.au She is in member services and can let you know what is required. If you need further assistance you can contact the PADI Regional Manager Hans Ulrich, a Dutchman and a fine gent, at hans.ulrich@padi.com.au his mobile is on the PADI site but active memberstatus is required to gain that info. He lives down in Rawai but I bet he'd make a visit to Hua Hin toward the end of this year is something really good was shaking for diving. Possibly Jenny will help you with that info. Good luck guys and lets get more divers!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Good to see some progress on this one! Lets hope we can get together shortly to discuss diving possibilities.

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson