New golf courses planned..

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

New golf courses planned..

Post by Green Nomad »

This is a question about proposed golf courses to be built around Hua Hin.
My wife and I are having a house built west of Hua Hin, about 8kms along soi 102, we were told that a new golf course was to be built about a mile away. Thought this would be good for future value of the property.
Does anyone know of any links or info about current course developments or plans in the area. 8)
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Hi, Do you mean Banyan golf course ? it's near'ish to you but more than a mile. I personally don't know of any others planned. You access this one down Soi 112 which is close to 102 in parts as 102 cuts in close to 112 and then out again. Although at 8km's your away from it as on the map below.

Google their name and their website will come up. The course is SOUTH of Soi 112 on this map, I haven't attempted to mark it on as I would be guessing. Got a feeling it's on the google map 'tile' that they have not yet 'mapped'.

Cheers,
SJ

EDITED - To show golf course after Lomu's post

Last edited by Super Joe on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Alternatively, look here
http://www.maphuahin.com/

Use the menu on the RHS. Find Banyan, click on it, go to satellite view and zoom in.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Well done Lomu, I've just edited the google map image above and added the golf course on.

SJ
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I was told that Singha were going to build another golf course on land about 5 klms out on Soi 88 and looking south towards Soi 102
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Yeh thanks guys, the site where our house is being built is basically where the 8km arrow is on SJ 's map, the proposed course I was told about is in the triangle area just to the right as you look at the map on the north side of soi 102. Not sure on the date of this satelite image but seems at least a year old, as our house is half built. Thanks again will research some more. 8)
happyblueyes
Amateur
Amateur

Post by happyblueyes »

hi, i was told the same as Pet,,,,,,,, but i was buying land in soi 88 at the time ! :shock:
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Not sure on the date of this satelite image but seems at least a year old, as our house is half built. Thanks again will research some more
They are around 14 months old I think.

I was told Singha own tons of land down Soi 88 too and that they might be building a golf course one day, but think it was talk. If they really are planning it I wouldn't mind betting it'll be put on hold with the current lull in foreign investment here.

SJ