90 day reporting

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: 90 day reporting

Post by handdrummer »

PeteC wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:07 pm :lach: I really want some of what these people are smoking!

Has your mail delivery been timely or even existing since Covid began a year ago? Mine hasn't been and neither has it for anyone I've spoken to. It's hit and miss throughout most of the country.

Do they expect us to pay for EMS signed receipt now? :banghead:

They don't have the talent or funds to fix their on-line reporting computer system, it now seems they want people to stay away from immigration offices for 90 day reports. A really great idea would be to cancel the damn things under a pandemic emergency!
Last year they canceled them for 90 days. If they aren't necessary for 90 days, they aren't necessary at all.

Just like the parking vouchers at Blu Port, MV & Villa. If they don't need them now, they don't need them.

I apologize for using logic.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Actually, I've thought about it, and a trip to Bluport is much faster/easier than sending my report by Post.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Immigration to introduce 90 day reporting online

Post by handdrummer »

I went to Bluport yesterday, to report to my parole officer. No one there except 3 ladies behind the counter and 1 greeter.

Those women will never be promoted, much to nice to people.

I can't see that office being open much longer. Why would they pay high rent for officers to sit around, chit chat and play with their mobile phones.

Other than that, Bluport's ground floor is a ball of confusion and the basement a poor folks, expensive, cheap mall.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

handdrummer wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:18 am I can't see that office being open much longer. Why would they pay high rent for officers to sit around, chit chat and play with their mobile phones.
At most, they pay a peppercorn rent.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

They paid no rent on previous locations but they were not permanent. Hence the new main office which is actually owned by immigration for the first time as opposed to being guests.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:11 pm They paid no rent on previous locations but they were not permanent. Hence the new main office which is actually owned by immigration for the first time as opposed to being guests.
It's owned and not rented?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

According to my immigration friend from a conversation years ago. Since immigration moved from their office in the police station, they've been located off Petchkasem road in what was once a hospital. From there to the far end of Soi 102. Donated by the moo bahn owner/builder 'for favours'. Then they moved next to the 3 sisters restaurant, again 'on free loan'. Finally, land was acquired or already owned by the government and the current main office was custom built along with accommodation for staff.
I can only repeat what I was told by an immigration officer.

Of course back in the day before they even had an office in the police station, a visit to immigration required going to the Singkhon office at the border outside Prachuab Khirikhan town.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

We're talking about 2 different locations. The main office was built for IMM. I was speaking about the office in Bluport.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Sorry. If you look back, you asked "owned or rented" in response to my statement "Hence the new main office which is actually owned by immigration for the first time as opposed to being guests."

No worries.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:18 pm Sorry. If you look back, you asked "owned or rented" in response to my statement "Hence the new main office which is actually owned by immigration for the first time as opposed to being guests."

No worries.
Sorry, you're correct, I was replying to someone else's post. These are days of confusion.
buksida

Post by buksida »

AFAIK, all the Hua Hin immigration offices I have known of (there have been many) have been freebies for favors - they don't pay for them.

:offtopic: Made the drive to Prachuap yesterday to do the 90 day report, the office was empty and the officer didn't even look up (or at the paper which was two days late), it took all of 17 seconds. A complete waste of time.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

buksida wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:22 am AFAIK, all the Hua Hin immigration offices I have known of (there have been many) have been freebies for favors - they don't pay for them.
And it's worth pointing out that in normal times ,the immigration shop in Bluport was needed, as it would often be busy with tourists, thus sparing the main office. It also drew in people to the store, many of whom would wander around, have a coffee, whatever.
Talk is cheap
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Went to the main immigration today (July 2) for my 90-day report. It was due on June 30th. I got there around 2pm and the room was packed. Braced myself for a long wait. Took my number and went to find a seat. My number was called before I could sit down. Saw the guy at the desk and I was back out the door in about two minutes. I guess everyone else was there for other business. Lucky me.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I also did my 90 day report today but at Bluport. 3 officers and no punters at around 3pm. Said to the lady that she must be really bored these days. "You're the second one we've seen today. One this morning and you're the first this afternoon"
Of course 90 day reports are all there is left to do and if many already do them online, it doesn't leave them much work.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Re 90 day reporting.
Bluport IM has reopened and moved to a different location. It's now in a space with other govt. offices. It is now next to Better Vision and Top Charoen.
There's a machine out front for tickets. Inside, IM is at the back of the room behind a partition. Take your number and walk straight back to IM.