Dog Finds It's Way Home After 15km 3-Day Escapade.

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Well, out of the cities they (Thais) just drive around in pickups with metal cages on the back collecting them from everywhere. The Thai guy driving the pickup gives people a big plastic washing bowl in return for a dog, then it's off to the sausage factory, or as Richard said, the noodles stalls to sell the meat. Sick as it is, there's an entire industry that revolves around it but you don't get to see it in the cities, couldn't have tourists and office workers seeing that sort of sort now, could we?

With respect, and I know this doesn't help the present situation, but shouldn't have got involved in the first place with them MrP, you have to nip this sort of stuff in the bud and be firm, these sort of things just esculate into an issue, which it has for you now. Even if you solve it then there are thousands more of these things that barely qualify as a noun waiting to replace them, simply too many of them. These sort of scenarios only bring trouble and little good ever comes out of them.

Take it to the temple or a pound/kennel. If all else fails then "Option 5" and let the locals deal with it as, after all, it's a local problem, don't let your western sensitivities get in the way as they count for zip out here. You're not in Walton-on-the-Barrow now.

Yeah, risky post, I know, but it's observational, practical and realistic. Not lecturing anyone as I am aware views/emotions vary greatly on this subject. Just as I see it.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

I am enclined to agree with Spitfire, my dog turned up on our land in a bad way i took it in and she is a reat dog , but T.I.T.Image
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

spitfire wrote:With respect, and I know this doesn't help the present situation, but shouldn't have got involved in the first place with them MrP, you have to nip this sort of stuff in the bud and be firm, these sort of things just esculate into an issue, which it has for you now.
Thanks for the honest input and I agree. It's not possible to take care of every dog that happens along and where we are, they happen along regularly. Whenever other dogs/puppies come looking for a home or food we take a bag of food outside the house at least 100m away and shoo them away if they show any sign of coming close to the property. They tend to disappear after a week or two.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Aside from Mr. Plum's dilemma, Nevets, if that dog's eyes aren't saying thank you to whoever she's looking at, I don't know dogs. She looks healthy and happy. Hat's off! Her teats look a bit swollen though, recent puppies? Please get her spayed. :thumb: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

She had 7 hanging off , of her when she turned up a year ago and after was , so she cant have any pups . Her pups went to good homes around .
She is a good watch and possessive of her domain , i think she doesnt want any other dogs taken in. :)
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well Mr P, if that dog jumps the fence you will be seriously out of pocket if it causes an accident involving a Thai. Unfortunately it doesn't work the other way round. I know because I've come off already when one of these rats got a hold of my leg. I know, as spitfire has stated, that opinion differ greatly regarding this topic, but if I was in your shoes I would have taken the policeman up on his offer to shoot the thing, and I would have asked for his phone number in case I required his services again in the future.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I had one too many bad encounters, and so has my wife and my eldest daughter.

In any case, let's face facts, what happens to stray dogs in most countries?

Good luck anyway and I think you need to have another read of baa-baa's post.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Ok. Thanks to all for contributions and cautions. Sorry I can't acknowledge everyone. :cheers:

Will sleep on it and see how the land lies tomorrow.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Well Mr.P, as Headrock dogs has been mentioned, why not see if you can arrange to take the dog there? All thats needed is a nice weekend in Bang Saphan, the dog 'centre' there is 'open' - no enclosures and right by the beach. They seemed a contented, if rather noisy lot.

http://www.headrockdogs.org.uk/
Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

OFF topic are we frightened of getting shot .
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

nevets wrote:OFF topic are we frightened of getting shot .
No! A Dog would struggle to use a gun.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

i was referring to Lev closing the other thread , I'm being naughty. :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

nevets wrote:i was referring to Lev closing the other thread , I'm being naughty. :)

Nevets, please be warned that these post are contrary to the terms and conditions of using this site.
Discussions about moderator or Administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members and moderators or policy involved.
Please stop this line of posting immediately.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance: