TOP GEAR

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: TOP GEAR

Post by sateeb »

Top Gear Season 21 starts 26th Jan according to IMDB :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

It is on tonight UK....very good :thumb:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/
caller
Hero
Hero

Top Gear - again!

Post by caller »

Catch it if you can guy's - a two part special from Rangoon to building a Bridge over the River Kwai!

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are on a mission to build a bridge over the River Kwai in Thailand. However, in order to that they must first drive across a country that has been largely closed to westerners for over 40 years: Burma. Futhermore, the trio must make this trip in three lorries that have been bought 'sight unseen' from the internet for a limited budget. Unsurprisingly, they are not quite as the trio might have hoped or expected.
What follows is an epic journey of beautiful scenery, regular adversity, ongoing malfunction and the constant bickering of three badly dressed buffoons.

1st part is on tonight over here, the 2nd is next week.

I've just paused the recording as I'm laughing so much!
Talk is cheap
Siani
Legend
Legend

Re: Top Gear - again!

Post by Siani »

So strange...just watching at this time...Burma...on catchup!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It really was laugh out loud at times - check out the scene with the horses! :laugh:
Talk is cheap
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

caller wrote:It really was laugh out loud at times - check out the scene with the horses! :laugh:
Really enjoyed it...well worth watching.....next week...Thailand :D
buksida

Post by buksida »

Top Gear just did more for Burma’s tourism industry than the country’s government could ever hope to do
http://burmaboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 3235#p3235
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

caller wrote:Catch it if you can guy's - a two part special from Rangoon to building a Bridge over the River Kwai!
Thanks for the heads up on thios, caller. It's on Youtube already for anyone interested.

This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I could only find the 1st 10 minutes on youtube, but I think the rest of Part 1 is here

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gea ... 452852.htm
This is the way
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

dtaai-maai wrote:I could only find the 1st 10 minutes on youtube, but I think the rest of Part 1 is here

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gea ... 452852.htm
Thanks for the link :D normally I download to my laptop from Final gear dot com but this allows me to download to my iPad and is better when I am travelling. :D :D :D really appreciated as I love Top Gear....bit like Marmite; you either love it or hate it!!!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

buksida wrote:Top Gear just did more for Burma’s tourism industry than the country’s government could ever hope to do
Not really difficult to achieve a better result than the people themselves when their education is basically non-existent. This goes for the TAT (such an apt name :D ) in this country too. They ,basically, have had a nothing job created for them due to being from a wealthy family. The Tourism Authority of Thailand's greatest achievments...

* Spending billions of baht changing the name to 'Amazing' Thailand being completely clueless to what 'amazing' actually meant (no, it doesn't always mean 'Very Good' you buffoons) opening them up for ongoing ridicule...

"You won't guess what I saw today", said he. "12 people on a single motorbike!"

"Oh, I can believe it", said she. "Amazing Thailand!"

* Trying to con millions out of people by getting them to buy the, completely useless, Thailand Elite Card. Just shows their stupidity and arrogance that one.

* Trying to cancel Loi Krathong :shock:

In countries where there is little to no education it is very easy to do a better job than them at something...

...even by accident.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

GLCQuantum wrote:
buksida wrote:Top Gear just did more for Burma’s tourism industry than the country’s government could ever hope to do
Not really difficult to achieve a better result than the people themselves when their education is basically non-existent. This goes for the TAT (such an apt name :D ) in this country too. They ,basically, have had a nothing job created for them due to being from a wealthy family. The Tourism Authority of Thailand's greatest achievments...

* Spending billions of baht changing the name to 'Amazing' Thailand being completely clueless to what 'amazing' actually meant (no, it doesn't always mean 'Very Good' you buffoons) opening them up for ongoing ridicule...

"You won't guess what I saw today", said he. "12 people on a single motorbike!"

"Oh, I can believe it", said she. "Amazing Thailand!"

* Trying to con millions out of people by getting them to buy the, completely useless, Thailand Elite Card. Just shows their stupidity and arrogance that one.

* Trying to cancel Loi Krathong :shock:

In countries where there is little to no education it is very easy to do a better job than them at something...

...even by accident.
We must all remember "Top Gear" is not a true to life serious type of programme. A lot of it is daft, slapstick type of humour, not to be taken seriously :P
As said.."love it or hate it"...well I find it entertaining :)
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Yep I would agree,watched the first part in a bar in Surin province with many nationality's cracked up with the humour, hope to grab the second episode before returning to the UK.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Jeremy Clarkson and BBC's Top Gear in the news again....... Our Mr Clarkson does have a habit of peeing people off ever so slightly........

Protests cut short Top Gear shoot

The crew of BBC's Top Gear are leaving Argentina after facing protests over a number plate which appeared to refer to the 1982 Falklands War.

The team, including host Jeremy Clarkson, have been filming in South America for a Top Gear special.

The show apparently provoked anger among locals by using a Porsche with the registration number H982 FKL.

The BBC confirmed the show's decision to leave, but denied the offending car was chosen for its number plate.

Andy Wilman, executive producer of Top Gear, said on Thursday: "Top Gear production purchased three cars for a forthcoming programme; to suggest that this car was either chosen for its number plate, or that an alternative number plate was substituted for the original is completely untrue."

The team departed three days early after being denied permission to film by local authorities.

Full Story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29474422
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Anyone seen the Top Gear Christmas special in Patagonia?

Some amazing scenes at the end of that departure mentioned above!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson