A Covid-19 experience

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: A Covid-19 experience

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Sorry to hear about your daughter's travails, HH. I'd also like to send her my best wishes.

My daughter also caught Covid-19 a couple of months back. She's just 31 as well; she luckily had only very mild symptoms and recovered quite quickly (in fact she was only allowed 7 days off work).

I hope it all works out and she can get back over here before too long. My daughter's still wanting to come over but not till November and hopefully by then things will be a little easier to sort out, flight-wise but I suspect there could still be a quarantine requirement.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My daughter has managed to return to the farm now that the power and water has turned back on.
She got the results of her Covid test which confirmed positive. That was entirely expected.
Now she has to get a further test followed by another in two weeks and again two weeks later. The Thai embassy require documentative proof that she's been clear of the virus for 2 weeks. (I'm sure she'll still have to endure quarantine when she does arrive back)

She's pretty much recovered except for her smell and taste which she says is non-existant. "I could eat dog poo and not know the difference!"

The cost of tests in different states seem to vary quite considerably. She tells me that the money saved by a two hour drive across state lines is well worth it.

Glad she's on the mend. The animals are apparently ok but the horses require a much needed grooming.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

HHTel wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:50 am My daughter has managed to return to the farm now that the power and water has turned back on.
She got the results of her Covid test which confirmed positive. That was entirely expected.
Now she has to get a further test followed by another in two weeks and again two weeks later. The Thai embassy require documentative proof that she's been clear of the virus for 2 weeks. (I'm sure she'll still have to endure quarantine when she does arrive back)

She's pretty much recovered except for her smell and taste which she says is non-existant. "I could eat dog poo and not know the difference!"

The cost of tests in different states seem to vary quite considerably. She tells me that the money saved by a two hour drive across state lines is well worth it.

Glad she's on the mend. The animals are apparently ok but the horses require a much needed grooming.
Glad to hear she's on the mend!! I needed grooming too during the covid closings
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What's the latest on the daughter HHT? Hope she's getting along ok and things are progressing positively. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Thanks for asking.
She's a few days away from her next test.(her last one was positive). If shown negative, then she has a further one 2 weeks later and if that's negative then she's back on the list.
She's pretty much recovered from her symptoms apart from taste and smell which is coming back slowly.
It looks like October before she'll get a flight and even though she'd be a 'recovered covid' I'm sure she'll still have to do quarantine.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I have to ask about MDMK, any word from her dtaai-maai? She was last on the forum in July, and Belgium and Holland are almost on full lockdown again from what I read.

Hope you are fully recovered MDMK with no relapses. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

She's fine, Pete. She's even managed a holiday to Egypt in the meantime! :laugh:
I don't think she visits the forum these days, but I'll let her know you were asking after her.
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

:thumb:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I told her that I told you she'd died a horrible death. She said something about "see you next Tuesday"... :shock:
This is the way
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:35 pm I told her that I told you she'd died a horrible death. She said something about "see you next Tuesday"... :shock:
:lach: :lach: :lach:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well my daughter's settled in her 5* quarantine. She says the room's excellent as is the food but 5* or not, it's still a prison.
She has absolutely no physical contact with another human being.
Her food is left outside and she has to wash the dishes before leaving them for collection.
She's not allowed to buy food from outside but she is allowed to buy snacks etc, but she has to clean her banknotes with gel first.
She cleans her room herself. When she wants clean towels and bedding, she leaves the used ones outside and the hotel will leave fresh ones.
She has to take her temp twice a day and text the result to the doctor.
She even has to do the Covid swab herself and place outside for collection.

She's had Covid and recovered. It's stamped in her passport. She's well within the zone for antibodies to protect her, but makes no difference to her quarantine.
They had a 'virtual Loy Kratong' last night. Not sure how that worked.

Here's a vid she sent me after just one day in quarantine. At this rate she'll need therapy when she's 'released':

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think that's the best quarantine video I've seen :laugh:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Unbelievable.
My daughter, despite having Covid in the US followed by 2 negative tests, duly entered in her passport, has now been tested positive and has been moved to hospital.
She's been asked every 15 mins or so how she feels. She feels fine, zero symptoms, normal temperature etc. Looking forward to coming home at the end of next week.
She's asked how can this be when she's had Covid, recovered and had negative tests. The simple answer has been "Sorry, but you still have Covid!"

Something here doesn't add up!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There are previous articles about tests not being able to differentiate between live and dead Covid cells. Hopefully it's something like that.

I doubt it could be a scam as she's Thai and under the free or low cost health care I would think? Amazing how I always think in that direction here. :banghead:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just learned that her and 3 others who all had Covid in the US, recovered and tested negative have now been tested positive in Thailand. Crazy!

She's having her temperature taken very regularly. 37.2 and steady. The staff have told her that she'll probably get a fever soon as she's sweating. "Of course I'm sweating. It's bloody hot in here and I've just arrived"

Her and 3 others have had blood samples taken which should be tested by this evening. Hopefully, that will provide an explanation.