Premier League 2022-23

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Re: Premier League 2022-23

Post by Lost »

Tottenham look to have beaten Juventus and Chelsea for Ivan Perišić's signature. Reports are a two year agreement has been reached. At 33 years old, he's no spring chicken but a serial winner and had one of his best seasons to date last year. Also played under Conte already at Inter.

Cracking stuff if true.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Not sure we desperately need a 33-yr-old winger, but if he's cheap and fairly good I dare say he'll warm the bench nicely.
This is the way
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:37 am ^^Not sure we desperately need a 33-yr-old winger, but if he's cheap and fairly good I dare say he'll warm the bench nicely.
Can't say I've watched loads of his games recently but his stats are quite something and he's had a trophy laden career. He was also named in seria a team of the season just gone. And he's cheap! Well free actually (just gotta pay his salary :D). Can't see him warming the bench much. Fingers crossed.

TOTS-copy-1024x1024.jpg
TOTS-copy-1024x1024.jpg (254.46 KiB) Viewed 342 times
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Looking forward to the next chapter that starts tomorrow in Chelseas long history, with the question, 'who you gonna buy'?

I'd start with Tomori at centre back, as included in the Italian team of the season above. For some reason, Lamps fell out with him, having first taken him to Derby, where he won player of the year, and then introduced him to the first team at Chelsea. Not sure what the issue was, but Lamps also fell out with Rudiger, and both players were effectivelly sidelined. Timori didn't hand around, when Mancini, one of the all time great defenders in the game, came calling, Timori jumped, understandably. Of course, Mancini could have gome for Rudiger instead. That's something to think about.

Sadly, the defenders being linked to Chelsea don't include Tomori, or Guehi, now at Palace. I would take them both.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

1-0 on an own goal. Not a good memory for Huddersfield. So the three coming up are Fulham, Bournemouth, and Nottingham.

Nottingham Forest ended their 23-year wait for Premier League football with a narrow win over Huddersfield Town in the Championship play-off final at Wembley - a victory worth about £170m......

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61539298
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I watched the 2nd half - on the basis of that, Forest will have to buy in some quality if they don't want to go straight back down...
This is the way
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

caller wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:54 pm Looking forward to the next chapter that starts tomorrow in Chelseas long history, with the question, 'who you gonna buy'?

I'd start with Tomori at centre back, as included in the Italian team of the season above. For some reason, Lamps fell out with him, having first taken him to Derby, where he won player of the year, and then introduced him to the first team at Chelsea. Not sure what the issue was, but Lamps also fell out with Rudiger, and both players were effectivelly sidelined. Timori didn't hand around, when Mancini, one of the all time great defenders in the game, came calling, Timori jumped, understandably. Of course, Mancini could have gome for Rudiger instead. That's something to think about.

Sadly, the defenders being linked to Chelsea don't include Tomori, or Guehi, now at Palace. I would take them both.
Yes, going to be interesting to see how bullish Chelsea are in the market with their new owner. Tomori is one that many would like who just got his first England call up I believe. Rudiger leaving is a massive loss for you guys I think. He seems to be hitting his peak.

What's your thoughts on Lukaku? Cut losses and offload to inter (who are struggling with debt so would need to be cheapish) or stick with him?

:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:59 pm Palace. I would take them both.
Tomori is one that many would like who just got his first England call up I believe. Rudiger leaving is a massive loss for you guys I think. He seems to be hitting his peak.

What's your thoughts on Lukaku? Cut losses and offload to inter (who are struggling with debt so would need to be cheapish) or stick with him? [/quote]

Tomori has 2 caps, the first in 2019 and the 2nd last year.

I'm not as phased about Rudiger leaving as others. His form in the last couple of months has been pretty patchy and he's not the best with the ball at his feet.

Christensen is a big disapointment with his attitude, from another academy player as well. So unless there has been something big happening in his private life that is undisclosed and forces him to pull out of games at short notice, such as on FA Cup final day, his career at the club has ended on a bad note. So two centre backs are needed and Silva is now 37.

Whilst I don't believe that Lukaku was specifically wanted by Tuchel, I still think he has value for a plan B. At the moment he is like the misfiring piston is an otherwise smooth running machine. I think he will still be at Chelsea next year, and we can but hope a complete break from the club and a leaner super fit player returns for next season. On the whole the fans have stood by him, so that's a positive.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Not Premier league but a superstar showing from Tottenham's Cuti Romero helped lead Argentina to a finalissima victory over Italy.

Mark my words, this young man will be recognised as the best defender in the world by the end of next season. Van Dijk will be lacing his boots.

And he's all ours (somehow :shock:).
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Bit late to the party on this one, just seen it...

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^ Fingers crossed!!
This is the way
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

A few little Harry Kane facts I thought I'd share. :D

20220610_143511.jpg
20220610_143511.jpg (12.06 KiB) Viewed 232 times
20220610_143517.jpg
20220610_143517.jpg (58.55 KiB) Viewed 232 times
20220610_143531.jpg
20220610_143531.jpg (73.81 KiB) Viewed 232 times
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Salah, Diaz and Nunez is quite a frightening front three! Almost as good as Kane, Son and Kulusevski. Almost.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Erling Haaland: Manchester City complete signing of Norwegian striker from Borussia Dortmund

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61575822
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source