TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by HHTel »

Just spent the day binging on Clarkson's Farm. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it quite addictive hence watching the whole season 2 in one go.

I'd imagine anyone watching this who had any intention of becoming a farmer would have changed their mind. The bureaucracy and red tape is unbelievable.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Picard 3, and IMO it's looking like the best series yet. Early days of course. I really don't like this weekly episode business, I'm too used to binge-watching.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:39 am Just spent the day binging on Clarkson's Farm. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it quite addictive hence watching the whole season 2 in one go.

I'd imagine anyone watching this who had any intention of becoming a farmer would have changed their mind. The bureaucracy and red tape is unbelievable.
I thoroughly enjoyed season one, so looking forward to season two - and whilst it’s not all serious, there were many aspects of farming in the first series that made me aware how damned hard it must be these days, to be a farmer!!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I've finally been persuaded to watch Stranger Things (Netflix), and I'm really enjoying it.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:17 am I've finally been persuaded to watch Stranger Things (Netflix), and I'm really enjoying it.
I did enjoy it, but the final season was a season too far IMHO.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:06 am I thoroughly enjoyed season one, so looking forward to season two - and whilst it’s not all serious, there were many aspects of farming in the first series that made me aware how damned hard it must be these days, to be a farmer!!
Never watched "Clarkson's Farm" - mainly due to Clarkson! As for the hard life farmers have, I know one or two and it's certainly not the most (financially) rewarding life quite a few feel it is!! It's a hard life which many Desk Jockeys who make the rules are absolutely clueless of.... :roll:

That said, very doubtful Clarkson is truly aware of the hardships......
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:33 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:06 am I thoroughly enjoyed season one, so looking forward to season two - and whilst it’s not all serious, there were many aspects of farming in the first series that made me aware how damned hard it must be these days, to be a farmer!!
Never watched "Clarkson's Farm" - mainly due to Clarkson! As for the hard life farmers have, I know one or two and it's certainly not the most (financially) rewarding life quite a few feel it is!! It's a hard life which many Desk Jockeys who make the rules are absolutely clueless of.... :roll:

That said, very doubtful Clarkson is truly aware of the hardships......
Give it a try - you might change your mind about Clarkson? Ok he still acts the fool at times, but the programme also deals with the serious realities that most farmers are facing (this was the first series of more than a year ago). It’s very different than Clarkson in Top Gear!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:04 amGive it a try - you might change your mind about Clarkson? Ok he still acts the fool at times, but the programme also deals with the serious realities that most farmers are facing (this was the first series of more than a year ago). It’s very different than Clarkson in Top Gear!!
Oh go on... I'll give it a go - why not.

buksida

Post by buksida »

Been enjoying it ... Clarkson's antics aside, it does provide a window into the bureaucratic and red tape-filled nightmare that is farming in the UK. No wonder the country imports everything!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

And it does show Clarkson, being out of his comfort zone, that he's not the 'know-all' that he often portrays. Getting a tongue lashing from 'ordinary' people.
In his first year he made a profit of just over £100! It does come across that he is trying to do 'good things' and highlights the stupid bureaucracy and the plight of farmers today, especially after Brexit and the loss of EU funding.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

1923(Yellowstone Prequel)

Before embarking on Season 5 of Yellowstone I have just completed 1923 which is the prequel to it, starring Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren.

Overall I found it a quite solidly entertaining drama with good production and plot. If you enjoy Yellowstone then I think you will enjoy this too.

Also, I am just about to complete the pre-prequel(!) named 1883 and again this is solid, maybe not spectacular, but well worth a watch IMO

If you're looking to binge a drama with a consistent theme then you could do a lot worse I think

I'd give both 7.5/10

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Funny Woman (Now TV series, downloaded from eztv)
It's the height of the 60s and Barbara Parker has just been crowned Miss Blackpool, but she is sure there is more to life than being a beauty queen in a seaside town. London is calling, but it is not quite as swinging as she expected.
Just watched the first episode and it's definitely worth a look. Gemma Arterton is always worth a look, as well as being very funny, and Rupert Everett is excellent as the slightly sleazy theatrical agent with an office in Soho.
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

mando.jpg
mando.jpg (57.5 KiB) Viewed 288 times

https://eztv.re/search/mandalorian
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Came across this. My streaming app has it running from 6th - 9th March. But not sure what language that'll be until UK/US release.

https://youtu.be/6SqufBzChsw
“The Swarm” airs on ZDF, Rai, France Télévisions, Viaplay, Movistar, ORF, SRF and Hulu Japan from March; U.S. and U.K. air dates tbc. Beta Film and ZDF Studios are handling world sales. Three of eight episodes were screened for review.
https://variety.com/2023/global/festiva ... 235529234/

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Everytime I hear of a series called "Swarm" etc. I always get hopeful it's based on Michael Crighton's book Prey (based on a swarm of micro-bots).... Cracking book, but hey-ho :roll:

The above does sound like my kind of storyline, but has mixed reviews on IMDB. I'll give it a try though I think.

More including trailer @ https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808491/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1