I Know The Score 06/07

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Bollocks ... is about all I have to add to this thread.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

caller wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:You'll have to read his book caller it says he's Tottenham through and through and was so so happy to leave the toffs running chelsea at the time.
That's interesting, maybe he just say's what he thinks people want to hear?
He's a really nice bloke and speaks from the heart, wears his heart on his sleeve and has had problems because of it. So I doubt very much he would quote crap in his auto-biography. I have a copy in HH if you want a quick read the section on his chelsea is interesting as is most of the book.

We are 6th in the league of leagues :-)
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I haven't read his book, but the quotes attributed to him here are those from the book, "Rhapsody in Blue" by Rick Glanville:

"It was a smashing club, it really was. I spent two years there as an apprentice before signing professional terms and then four seasons as a profesional. It was a lovely club to play for. I know it sounds far-fetched, but at the time I would have played for them for nothing. I just loved football".

He does make reference to Ted Drakes management and states they would have done better under Bill Nicholsons style of management and also say's that at the time, the club lacked ambition and that they could have kept him there but wanted the 80k they got for him.

He then makes an interesting, bitter-sweet comment:

"And so I might have stayed a Chelsea player all my career, I mean, I wasn't that ambitious anyway!!!

Anyway, I'm sure we all agree he was one of the greats! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Well, we could do with Greavsie playing for us now! A pig of a week on and off the pitch! Next weeks games look tough to call as well.

I lost my banker and although there's only a few weeks to go I think that those who retain it could have the edge?

Only time will tell?
Talk is cheap
buksida

Post by buksida »

All I can say is bollocks to IKTS ... Come On You Irons

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Great game by West Ham!

Not so good for Chelsea!! :(

I messed up by changing my original scores this morning, so I lost out on 20 points!

Buksi - if you get out of this it will be a greater escape than, well, the great escape!

Its going to the wire at the wrong end - I still see Fulham blowing it - and at the right end, its the Mancs title.

So Blue boys for the FA and Euro cup to go with the one we already have, and the Mancs get the league. I'd drink to that!! :cheers:
Talk is cheap
buksida

Post by buksida »

caller wrote:
Buksi - if you get out of this it will be a greater escape than, well, the great escape!
Greater than Virgil Hilts scrambling under some serious barbed wire!

We can only hope!

:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

F**k again - up until 10 mins before KO I had Reading v Magpies as 1-0, guess what? I changed it to 2-1! B******s!!!! Thats 20 points lost :guns: Thats 30 points I've lost this week by changing my mind.
Talk is cheap
buksida

Post by buksida »

I left it at 1 - 0 which will bring me a little closer to ya!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

caller wrote:F**k again - up until 10 mins before KO I had Reading v Magpies as 1-0, guess what? I changed it to 2-1! B******s!!!! Thats 20 points lost :guns: Thats 30 points I've lost this week by changing my mind.
If it's any consolation, I think you only lost 15, not 20 points. You had the correct goal difference.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I reckon it'll come down to this set of predictions, there are some bastard games in there and only 170 points separating the top 4.

Good Luck :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

In true footy style, is anyone susceptible to a bung? :)
Talk is cheap
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

With Reading losing against Watford at home, I´ve lost my banker bonus again, so I will have to admit, it will not be my season.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

BG - I've done the same! That's done for me. The fact the 1st goal was a zillion miles offside, the 2nd a freebie from the keeper or that Reading were denied one of the clearest penalties you will ever see at 0-0 is irrelevant. :guns:

I'm not even bothering to look at my non-score.

Still, its been a good competition and provided a lot of entertainment - roll on next year! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

That's the way I'm thinking as well.
Last season, I was checking the live scores at 2am here. This year hasn't been quite the same.
But there's next :cry: