The Digital Surgery (computer questions/problems here)

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: The Digital Surgery (computer questions/problems here)

Post by lindosfan1 »

barrys wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:49 pm Forgot to mention that I use Thunderbird to get my emails, but I've never has a problem of this magnitude before, i.e. close to 1k mails in 24 hours. Seems like it's a planned attack or something - is that possible!!??
Probably spam sent automatically. I get it sometimes, on google move it to the spam folder and future emails from the address will go there. Sorry I do not know the functions on Thunderbird.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Thunderbird e mail and Google calendar

Post by thecolonel »

Anyone use Thunderbird e mail client in conjuction with Google calendar?

So for many years I have operated these two programs/apps side by side and synced successfully

For some reason I'm now having issues

-entries made in g calendar on mobile not syncing with PC(Lightning extension on T bird)

- calendar notifications in T bird cannot be dismissed/deleted no matter what I try, I'm just going round in circles

Any help appreciated

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

KhunLA
Guru
Guru

ASUS freeze up, with self shut down or restart

Post by KhunLA »

Or I simply hold the power button, till turns off. Get a warning, of acting up, and can restart, or if freezes, ctl/alt/del & restart from that.

ASUS, actually still under warranty till July, but not the best rep for cust serv in Thailand or at service center Fortune Town IT Mall getting mixed review. Took to local Advice Dist and check out, couldn't find anything wrong, and didn't act up while there, and he watched YT vids all day on it.

These are the error msgs I've gotten, if any, before freezing. Sometimes it freezes and nothing, others it will restart on its own, when I'm not here if left on. Or simply stay frozen with error msg, or that little colored box icon, by itself or over an error msg.

Eliminated overheating being the problem, Fan works & all clean. It's good for 4-5-6 hrs before I need to restart it, than good for another 4-5-6 hrs.

Any suggestions welcomed, and TIA
Error msgs:

Imagehost image online
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Freeze up, with self shut down or restart

Post by hhinner »

There are a lot of hits using Google search (logonui.exe overrun stack based buffer). This one may be useful as a start: https://appuals.com/system-detected-an- ... plication/

KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Thanks ... I'll check it, hopefully pointing in the right direction. It's head scratcher.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

KhunLA wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:06 pm Thanks ... I'll check it, hopefully pointing in the right direction. It's head scratcher.
If you can't fix it by yourself take it to Mr Don he might be able to sort it out
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

The icons that were along the bottom of the screen have migrated to the right side and the exchange rate, weather, etc. on this site have shifted to the bottom of this screen, how do I restore everything?
buksida

Post by buksida »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:16 am The icons that were along the bottom of the screen have migrated to the right side and the exchange rate, weather, etc. on this site have shifted to the bottom of this screen, how do I restore everything?
Drag the taskbar back to the bottom. Then right-click it and lock it to prevent it from moving again.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

buksida wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:35 am
handdrummer wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:16 am The icons that were along the bottom of the screen have migrated to the right side and the exchange rate, weather, etc. on this site have shifted to the bottom of this screen, how do I restore everything?
Drag the taskbar back to the bottom. Then right-click it and lock it to prevent it from moving again.
That worked, thank you.
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

Hi

Looking for help ..... When composing new emails on my laptop it always used to complete the recipient's address when I started to type it in. This is using gmail.

Now I have to type it all out in full, which is a bit frustrating as I don't remember everybody's email address! :cuss:

Is there a quick fix?

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Don East Stand wrote:Hi

Looking for help ..... When composing new emails on my laptop it always used to complete the recipient's address when I started to type it in. This is using gmail.

Now I have to type it all out in full, which is a bit frustrating as I don't remember everybody's email address! :cuss:

Is there a quick fix?

Maybe the solution is here:

https://www.saintlad.com/auto-complete- ... -on-gmail/

YNWA

YNWA
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

Thanks for the reply Huahin4ever ...... I had started to read through the link, and decided that I would log out and then log back in. I was a little bit worried that I might not remember my password, and I was searching for something else before logging out......

Gmail appeared to hang up a bit, so I hit refresh .............. Hey presto! :thumb: Everything appears to be back to "normal" and auto-completing email addresses. I also received a few emails dated over the last three days ......

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Google is no longer my friend. I can no longer get it to accept that I'm not a robot.

Regardless of how many buses, traffic lights or fire hydrants that I click on, it won't let me in.

Is there a simple was around it whilst retaining the use of Google?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:49 pm Google is no longer my friend. I can no longer get it to accept that I'm not a robot.

Regardless of how many buses, traffic lights or fire hydrants that I click on, it won't let me in.

Is there a simple was around it whilst retaining the use of Google?
Any reason that you don't use a different search engine? I use duckduckgo, can find everything I need with it & they don't sell my information or track me.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I had a similar problem recently until I noticed that some queries run into a second screen. i.e. after ticking the boxes on the first screen, a second screen appears which is a continuation of the first screen.
The instruction does read something like "tick the boxes until there is no (traffic lights etc) left. Once I realised that, it worked.

Incidentally, the odd time it comes up it states that the reason is 'unusual traffic' reported!