Carabao performing in Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Carabao performing in Hua Hin

Post by kendo »

You look loaded on your old favorit whiskey lime and soda.
Kendo. :mrgreen: :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

La suite....Venue is apparently the Centennial tennis park ( past the flyover somewhere ) ....
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

elem wrote:La suite....Venue is apparently the Centennial tennis park ( past the flyover somewhere ) ....

Centennal park is as soon as you get past the flyover, on your right.

But... tennis? No tennis there.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Made you look 30 years younger to be fair Richard.

Bin the Chelsea top though.
Scotian2012
Professional
Professional

Post by Scotian2012 »

Where are the tickets being sold? I looked around Market Village at the weekend but could not find anything :-(
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Yes we looked around yesterday and couldn't find them until we went to the information desk. They're actually being sold OUTSIDE Market Village on the forecourt.
Scotian2012
Professional
Professional

Post by Scotian2012 »

I've spoken with a few thai friends about the concert and the females always say, don't go, its scary! People carry guns and go crazy at Carabao concerts.

I've only ever seen them at Tawandaeng which I guess is not comparable to their open air concerts.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Scotian2012 wrote:I've spoken with a few thai friends about the concert and the females always say, don't go, its scary! People carry guns and go crazy at Carabao concerts.

I've only ever seen them at Tawandaeng which I guess is not comparable to their open air concerts.
They do have the reputation of drawing the drunks in live Isaan venues. Liquor plus Carabao lyrics fire them. I know loads of women who will not go. I've experienced the violence at their concerts. Guns, knives, machetes and sticks are all carried
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I have tickets but I'm slightly worried. Go and look at the seating plan, at the sales booth at Market Village. There's absolutely no way they're going to fit all those seats at the venue!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Pleng wrote:I have tickets but I'm slightly worried. Go and look at the seating plan, at the sales booth at Market Village. There's absolutely no way they're going to fit all those seats at the venue!
Where is the venue?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I suggested to my wife that we go and see them, and she said there's no way in hell she's going, and even went as far as saying she'll have no part in me going if I choose to do so. She said their indoor concerts are okay, but outdoor concerts always end in trouble. Apparently one of their top songs cannot be performed during their concerts, and must be the last song played if they want to play it. According to my wife, guns, knives, and a wide range of other weapons are guaranteed to make an appearance, if not during the concert, then just as it ends.

In summary, it seems like going is more hassle than it's worth, so I guess I'll just have a quite night in instead.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

richard wrote:
Pleng wrote:I have tickets but I'm slightly worried. Go and look at the seating plan, at the sales booth at Market Village. There's absolutely no way they're going to fit all those seats at the venue!
Where is the venue?
Centinnal Park. The strip of concrete just past the flyover and before the afternoon market.
Scotian2012
Professional
Professional

Post by Scotian2012 »

Erm....think I've managed to talk myself out of going too, don't want to get mixed up in any hassle.

Besides, they will play Tawandaeng German Brewery in Bangkok on 17th Dec, much safer and more enjoyable.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I'm really split on this. I've seen all the horror stories here. Yet I asked somebody whom I know to be an excessive worrier and was told it should be fine, it's only the free concerts in the north where the trouble happens.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Anybody go?

What was it like?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY