Place for a really good burger

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Place for a really good burger

Post by StevePIraq »

caller wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:56 pm
huahin4ever wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:21 am Hangtime did not disappoint again. This was yesterday. YNWA
They do look good, but can you be more specific about where it is? Is it in the same building where S&P now is?
Hangtime burgers contain 20% fat according to their FB post.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

400bht for a burger at Hangtime when I can get for 100bht a 300gram tenderloin steak ( carefully chosen by myself and excellent quality) from Makro - it is a no brainer.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

musungu wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:50 pm 400bht for a burger at Hangtime when I can get for 100bht a 300gram tenderloin steak ( carefully chosen by myself and excellent quality) from Makro - it is a no brainer.
Bully for you. But of course we are talking about burgers here.

Try to keep up.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

centermid7 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:31 pm Bully for you.
Yes, bully beef... :oops: :laugh:

I'll get my coat.
This is the way
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

centermid7 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:31 pm
musungu wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:50 pm 400bht for a burger at Hangtime when I can get for 100bht a 300gram tenderloin steak ( carefully chosen by myself and excellent quality) from Makro - it is a no brainer.

Try to keep up.
It's amusing, in a sad way, when someone makes such an irrelevant interjection in the real world. They usually seem oblivious that everyone else in the conversation - for a moment - stopped talking, looked at him with a slightly quizzical expression, then turned back to the resumed conversation, ignoring him from them on. If you thought about him at all, you'd wonder if he intended the comment to get that reaction, or if he thought he was keeping up.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Homer wrote:
centermid7 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:31 pm

Try to keep up.
It's amusing, in a sad way, when someone makes such an irrelevant interjection in the real world. They usually seem oblivious that everyone else in the conversation - for a moment - stopped talking, looked at him with a slightly quizzical expression, then turned back to the resumed conversation, ignoring him from them on. If you thought about him at all, you'd wonder if he intended the comment to get that reaction, or if he thought he was keeping up.
And the same goes for your comment, and now mine and so on.........

Back to burgersImageImageImage

YNWA

YNWA
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

I have little time for these ridiculous, towering piles of nonsense that are so ostentatious they can’t be eaten without a knife and fork. A burger is a quick bite, not some gourmet contraption designed to do nothing more than empty your wallet. Take the Cornish pasty, the sandwich, the pizza, samosa, roti, etc. etc. Simple food designed to be eaten on the go and on a modest worker’s salary.

For my money, you can’t beat Binta Burger for taste, value for money and the attention to detail that goes into making each and every one.

Yeah, it could turn out to be road-kill but it still takes some beating.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

And Hangtime cook their burgers in a frying pan, who the hell does that. It should be cooked on a BBQ/or griddle.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Post by buksida »

Don't think I'd pay a tenner for a burger anywhere in hua hin unless it was made of Angus and came with blue cheese!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

J.J.B. wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:53 am I have little time for these ridiculous, towering piles of nonsense that are so ostentatious they can’t be eaten without a knife and fork. A burger is a quick bite, not some gourmet contraption designed to do nothing more than empty your wallet. Take the Cornish pasty, the sandwich, the pizza, samosa, roti, etc. etc. Simple food designed to be eaten on the go and on a modest worker’s salary.

For my money, you can’t beat Binta Burger for taste, value for money and the attention to detail that goes into making each and every one.

Yeah, it could turn out to be road-kill but it still takes some beating.
I would not agree with you. I don't eat meat often but when I do I want something good. A good burger is more than a quick bite. I don't mean it should be huge, some places seem to think that if they make the burger 100mm high it is good, in my opinion it is not.
I started this thread looking for suggestions on good and special burgers, everyone has their own opinion but so far no really good burgers have been suggested, in my opinion.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

One thing you can guarantee when talking about food, is that you are certain to get opposite views on what constitutes good and bad and as we’ve seen above, some like it tasty but cheap whereas others are willing to pay handsomely for a premium product - you pays your money and make your choice!!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

StevePIraq wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:37 amI started this thread looking for suggestions on good and special burgers, everyone has their own opinion but so far no really good burgers have been suggested, in my opinion.
The hangtime looks pretty good to me, why not try it and then tell us what you think? And if I get there first, I will do the same.

I don't think there is any rule about how burgers have to be cooked?

Anyway, the whole place gets really good reviews on trip advisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... vince.html

And you can make your own mind up from this video. It does look a fatty offering, but no harm if an occasional treat. Looks great to me!

Talk is cheap
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Need to find someone who serves this one:

StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

caller wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:36 pm
StevePIraq wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:37 amI started this thread looking for suggestions on good and special burgers, everyone has their own opinion but so far no really good burgers have been suggested, in my opinion.
The hangtime looks pretty good to me, why not try it and then tell us what you think? And if I get there first, I will do the same.

I don't think there is any rule about how burgers have to be cooked?

Anyway, the whole place gets really good reviews on trip advisor:

And you can make your own mind up from this video. It does look a fatty offering, but no harm if an occasional treat. Looks great to me!
because I don't want a burger cooked in a frying pan with really fatty bacon and a sauce poured on top. The potatoes look good and have some nice herbs in it, a good change from fries. If you watch the video it is a basic homemade burger, nothing special.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

There is no range. It's a simple burger, with cheese although I don't take cheese with mine. Big enough to fill me up and comes with some good crispy fries. The meat is well cooked and very juicy. Standard lettuce, tomato etc. What I like about them is the meat is good quality, probably 1/3 lb, not over/under cooked and very flavorful.