Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Big Boy

Re: Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that was most probably me :D. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:55 pm Yes, despite the sausages (I'm a fussy git), if we go for breakfast, Pats Place still wins it more times than not.
The main issue I have with Pats Place is the amount of people smoking at breakfast time. I have hardly ever walked past there between 8 - 10 in morning without seeing and smelling somebody sucking down a ciggie.

The staff are great and the food is OK generally but I stay away because of the smell.

Most restaurants have a smoking "problem" but Pats seems to be higher volume and its at breakfast time.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: Locations that serve a

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

thecolonel wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:14 pm
I don't expect nor am I seeking "Totally devoid of noise". But somewhere a little more tranquil than Pats

The Euro Deli sausage place is not too bad for noise, might go there again

ImageImage

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
I was just about to mention Euro Deli in relation to being peaceful - there's very little traffic in the Soi outside and though I haven't eaten breakfast there, their Cumberland sausages (which I buy quite often) are great and every meal I've had from there has been more than satisfactory.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I also think Cheers may meet that noise criterion, providing the Val Doonican tribute was for St Paddy's Day.

You might like Harry's as well. You can take a dip in his swimming pool also.

Points 51; Position 21
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Re: Locations that serve a

Post by Jack_Batty »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:00 am
thecolonel wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:14 pm
I don't expect nor am I seeking "Totally devoid of noise". But somewhere a little more tranquil than Pats

The Euro Deli sausage place is not too bad for noise, might go there again

ImageImage

I was just about to mention Euro Deli in relation to being peaceful - there's very little traffic in the Soi outside and though I haven't eaten breakfast there, their Cumberland sausages (which I buy quite often) are great and every meal I've had from there has been more than satisfactory.
Euro Deli is still my favorite place for breakfast in town. Can’t beat their eggs Benedict. I will give Harry’s a shot though. Been meaning to go there for quite some time. I also have had nothing but a beer in Rafferty’s, and that’s a place I really need to try.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:I also think Cheers may meet that noise criterion, providing the Val Doonican tribute was for St Paddy's Day.

You might like Harry's as well. You can take a dip in his swimming pool also.
Re noise factor.... Cheers not as bad as Pat's/Nany's(outside) admittedly but certainly not as quiet as Euro Deli(nb outside-not inside which can get loud due shop fit out)

The search for the perfect breakfast fry up allied to location continues.

Not been fishing lodge yet but will do

I've enquired before re beach side locations on here but noone commented. Perhaps because they're aren't any!

Or maybe only 4/5*hotels charging 400++

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Fyi

Just called Fishing Lodge and got the good news that the Brekky can be served all the way up to closing at 18.30

Was concerned they may serve mornings only, or restricted staff hours as per some other places

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Just tried the Europa on Soi 94. Opposite Wonderland and a bit further up

Had the small English breakfast.. 175 baht

It was the first and last time!

Worst bacon I've ever had in Hua Hin. Full of fat. Chef couldn't fry an egg. Sausage average. About 10 baked beans. Worst excuse for toast I've ever seen. All topped off with a little salad. Salad!

Waiter gave me my cutlery whilst holding the ends that go in my mouth and not wrapped in a paper napkin. ("Er, go and get another set Sonny!")

Pity as quite a nice setting otherwise

Honestly, if it was 75 baht I'd still go elsewhere!

Rubbish....

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There must be dozens, or even a hundred restaurants in Thailand named "Europa". :banghead: I'm starting to think its a franchise chain.

No points for originality and from the ones I've eaten in, and the above, no points for quality either.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been hearing the advert on the radio for the new Burgers & Beer on Soi 112 breakfast on the radio. We were out that way this morning getting our smallest dog's hair cut, and thought we'd treat ourselves.

As I drove up there were photos of English breakfasts on the awnings, together with a sign that they did Isaan food as well, which brought a smile to Mrs BB's face. We entered the place, and were confronted by 2 nasty sounding dogs - they were actually quite nice once I'd calmed them down. A guy then came out and said they don't do breakfasts. If we wanted breakfast we'd need to go to Zab Wer.

So off I went to Zab Wer, who were closed :?

We ended up at OASIS, which was as good as ever.

The big mystery though is why are Burgers & Beer on Soi 112 advertising on the radio to get breakfast trade?

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Sounds like a question to have asked the guy who came out and told you they don’t do breakfasts. Seems a bit of a strange way of marketing because I doubt you’re likely to go back there?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

He told us Zab Wer were doing the breakfasts - we wanted breakfast, so we believed him, although looking at the awnings as we left, we were discussing why?

Points 51; Position 21
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

Zabwer does breakfasts, sunday roast, etc. The owner also owns Burger & Beer in Market Village as far as I know.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Both his places on Soi 112 were not doing breakfast today :cry:

Points 51; Position 21
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:45 pm I've been hearing the advert on the radio for the new Burgers & Beer on Soi 112 breakfast on the radio. We were out that way this morning getting our smallest dog's hair cut, and thought we'd treat ourselves.

A guy then came out and said they don't do breakfasts. If we wanted breakfast we'd need to go to Zab Wer.

So off I went to Zab Wer, who were closed
If that's the largeish place in one of the shop hoouses on 112, quite a way down 112, then I think it's owned by Zebwer! But it's neem there for ages.

Zebwer do a great brekky, sans egg, for my tastes. But they're erm, closed on Wednesday, as you found out.

They have a banner at Zabwer, advertising the place you visited, at least I think it's that place, pointing out it's open when they are closed, for burgers, pizza and the like - lol!

All a bit strange.
Talk is cheap